OMG - This Game is going to Rule All

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US was used to Guerilla Warfare at a time, but during Vietnam the US hadn't used tactics like that in nearly 200 years.

This game does look pretty good, but I don't think I'll get it. I still enjoy BF42 more. I usually get 27ms ping on servers and can snipe all day with the No 4 or the M1 Garand or type 5 on Pacific maps.

Those that want a SP experience, please try Brother in Arms which is much more focused on tactics and squad based combat. If you want hardcore, then the Delta Force series of games is up your alley.

As for the trivializing: I used Call of Duty as a teaching tool for my then six-year old. It was the 60th Anniversary of D-Day and my boy was watching me play both CoD and we were glued to the History Channel for a month. I was careful to explain the reasons behind the war, who the people were and the sacrifices that people made to defend their country.

He wanted to play CoD and after having previewed it and making sure it was not overly gory, I put 'em in God mode and let him play. I was at work when I got a phone call from a tearful son. "What's the matter?" I fully expected that something was wrong with the computer and that the game was crashing. "Dad? I'm... I'm in the Russian army and (sniff) they're attacking my boat and then they won't give me a gun! I'm stuck at the river and all I have are bullets! Why aren't they giving me a gun?" The poor kid was running around at the base of the river trying to get a rifle for over 30 minutes with just a handful of ammo.

I explained to him that in WWII, the Russians had plenty of people, but didn't have enough equipment. They had to make sacrifices in order to protect their country from being taken over by the Nazis. I could hear the gears turning in his head as he processed this info. (He's extremely smart.) He learned that day of what sacrifice can sometimes mean. He felt really sad that someone else had to be shot so he could pick up that rifle and fire back.

All from a little video game.

Before Torgo gets bombarded with "you are stupid" posts, this thread had been resurrected somehow. It said ryanrule was the last person to post and that it was today, but his post wasn't in here. I guess deleted but the bump stands? It was really weird. I was intrigued. :p I didn't want to bump but since Torgo did... twas odd thats all.

Torgo said:
Those that want a SP experience, please try Brother in Arms which is much more focused on tactics and squad based combat. If you want hardcore, then the Delta Force series of games is up your alley.

As for the trivializing: I used Call of Duty as a teaching tool for my then six-year old. It was the 60th Anniversary of D-Day and my boy was watching me play both CoD and we were glued to the History Channel for a month. I was careful to explain the reasons behind the war, who the people were and the sacrifices that people made to defend their country.

He wanted to play CoD and after having previewed it and making sure it was not overly gory, I put 'em in God mode and let him play. I was at work when I got a phone call from a tearful son. "What's the matter?" I fully expected that something was wrong with the computer and that the game was crashing. "Dad? I'm... I'm in the Russian army and (sniff) they're attacking my boat and then they won't give me a gun! I'm stuck at the river and all I have are bullets! Why aren't they giving me a gun?" The poor kid was running around at the base of the river trying to get a rifle for over 30 minutes with just a handful of ammo.

I explained to him that in WWII, the Russians had plenty of people, but didn't have enough equipment. They had to make sacrifices in order to protect their country from being taken over by the Nazis. I could hear the gears turning in his head as he processed this info. (He's extremely smart.) He learned that day of what sacrifice can sometimes mean. He felt really sad that someone else had to be shot so he could pick up that rifle and fire back.

All from a little video game.

omfg, check the dates before resurrecting a year old thread, llama.

Was that Torgos fault or a glitch in the forum. I see another year old thread near the top, that no one has even posted to.

texuspete00 said:
Before Torgo gets bombarded with "you are stupid" posts, this thread had been resurrected somehow. It said ryanrule was the last person to post and that it was today, but his post wasn't in here. I guess deleted but the bump stands? It was really weird. I was intrigued. :p I didn't want to bump but since Torgo did... twas odd thats all.

hmm i think its ryanrule who is actualy doing it. all the old threads that are up top he is the last one to post but there is no actual post.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=710464
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=708847
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=709047
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=720584
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=714251
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=712985

never mind, 4 more threads just got bumped with his name on them as last poster.
hes the cause ;)

This is the second old thread to be rez'd...I read the "xbox 2" thread just 30 secs ago.

Rabidfox said:
omfg, check the dates before resurrecting a year old thread, llama.

You do realize it wasn't Torgo who ressurrected this thread, right? There is something fishy going on with ryansrule where there are a bunch of threads (OLD threads) being ressurrected as him as the last poster, but when you check the post he wasn't the last person posting.

Jason Isom said:
You do realize it wasn't Torgo who ressurrected this thread, right? There is something fishy going on with ryansrule where there are a bunch of threads (OLD threads) being ressurrected as him as the last poster, but when you check the post he wasn't the last person posting.

aye i just posted about that above you and no its not Torgo's fault

Lol. Watch the Vietnam Trailer #1. There is a shot where a guy shoots RPG but the projectile stays in the launcher. :D

He got banned.....w00t for the mods.

imo he was macroing for post counts... :rolleyes:

And if he was...what a fuck tard :mad:

not another one, wont be surprised if i see a thread titles "sony announce its first console codenames playstation!!!" resurected

LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back