Omicron Phase 3: My 3rd watercooling project

killernoodle

2[H]4U
I should be getting all of my parts today from various manufacturers and websites, so I should be building my new case and stuff today, tomorrow, perhaps a few more days. Here are my design goals:

1. All black case, this is crucial
  2. A silent system all together
  3. A no nonsense style with few lights, flashy things, and bright colors
  4. A powerful and effecient cooling system utilizing a 77 bonneville heatercore
  5. Perhaps a 4x20 Crystalfontz LCD later on in the build
  6. Must be able to fit my terrabyte array and keep it cool

What I have:

1. Thermaltake Tsunami VA-3000B (no window, jet black)
  2. Heatercore shroud made by RalphW at the procooling forums (I'll talk more on this later)
  3. A 2Fresh core and a BIX, although I will probably just not install the BIX. Selling it seems to be a better alternative
  4. Danner mag 3 pump, painted jet black to match the case and an unknown resevior bought on an ebay auction with a few other things.
  5. Various fittings and tubing
  6. Sound absorbsion mat stuff

You can see the shroud I got
[/list]here. It is an unfinished/unpainted one. Dont ask him to make any for you though, he just made a few on his lunch break a few weeks ago.

I have pics, but dont want to put them on my public FTP. I'll have to upload them somewhere.

The hard drives are pretty quiet, I have been lucky and have never bought a hard drive that clicks when it seeks. They are shock mounted and there are only 4 of them. Not too shabby, definitely quieter than a single raptor.

Some pics, although my server will go down when I do the transfer. I have also finished the paint on the shroud, which I was only halfway done in that one pic. BTW, vandal switches fit perfectly in the stock button location. All you have to do is take a dremel and notch the threads slightly so they act like a tap and you can just make threads for it.

post some pics of how you set up your w/c system. I have the thermaltake tsunami also and im thinking of changing how i set up the tubing. Would like to see some more ideas with someone that has the same case as i do

I plan on it. Basically, the layout will be standard: pump on the bottom, big rad on the top.

I've got one of the same shrouds (painted and all) it helped lower the noise from the fans a lot over the 1" shroud I was using. I also got a drop of 1-2c out of the deeper shrould. They are some really great shrouds.

Back