One Billion, the [H]ard way

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
As Yamalki noted in his D minus one month thread:

On or about Thursday, August 14, 2008 the [H]ardOCP Folding@Home DC team will have achieved a unique accomplishment, one billion points of production.

Having crunched approximately 7 million work units by that time, [H]ardFolders will have completed over 6.5% of the total project output. With many active members having contributed over 6 years to the [H]ard DC team, this monumental project milestone is a tribute to their dedication, expertise, and steadfast [H]ardness.

[H]ard is a road, not a destination...and as the [H]ardOCP folding@home DC team, known as "The [H]orde", rockets past the one billion point milestone, rest assured that this unrelenting, GPU frying, CPU poppin', 'OC it until it screams' [H]orde will be crunching even [H]arder toward 2 billion.

Welcome to the top of the [H]eap.
Welcome to the [H]orde.

As Yamalki noted in his D minus one month thread:

On or about Thursday, August 14, 2008 the [H]ardOCP Folding@Home DC team will have achieved a unique accomplishment, one billion points of production.

Having crunched approximately 7 million work units by that time, [H]ardFolders will have completed over 6.5% of the total project output. With many active members having contributed over 6 years to the [H]ard DC team, this monumental project milestone is a tribute to their dedication, expertise, and steadfast [H]ardness.

[H]ard is a road, not a destination...and as the [H]ardOCP folding@home DC team, known as "The [H]orde", rockets past the one billion point milestone, rest assured that this unrelenting, GPU frying, CPU poppin', 'OC it until it screams' [H]orde will be crunching even [H]arder toward 2 billion.

Welcome to the [H]orde.

That initial work unit each of us turned in was our first real milestone. Then we had the project change and most of us started over, albeit with a bit of bitching, and look were we are now!

This is a time to quickly reflect on the past then change gears and move forward with “great vigor” as one of relics favorite presidents used to say.

Onward and upward, it’s our destiny.:D

Maybe it's just me, but I'm looking in the other direction......

This is out first Billion.

(Implying many more to come)

We seriously have the neatest team. So many people that are so dedicated to it, and to helping one another out, it is so nice to call the [H]orde my home!

One Billion, the [H]ard way

Welcome to the [H]orde.

The [H]ard way

it is in our nature

it is the only way we know

it is the only way

The [H]ard Way!

How are we going to celebrate such a momentous occasion?

Awesome! Do I smell a "1st Billion Points [H]ard|Party" on the 14th?

I'm proud to be one of many who have, if I may borrow a jingle from an outstanding music group, "learned the [H]ard way".

I've only recently joined the [H]orde. I joined this team because they are by FAR the friendliest group out there. You are not judgmental, but are willing to drop whatever you are doing to help out a fellow folder.

I've learned a lot about the machine I have built and the machines I want to build to further this cause.

{raises Scotch in the air} Here is to a MAJOR MILESTONE and to the team that made it possible. Many more billions to come

{raises Scotch in the air} Here is to a MAJOR MILESTONE and to the team that made it possible. Many more billions to come

Here's to you, and all of the rest of our folders! :D :D

I think this milestone warrant a big fiesta and possibly a few prizes in a contest... It would be lovely if some manufacturers or stores can sponsor a few prizes for the [H]orde ?

It would be nice of one of the nVidia Graphics Card makers (eVGA - XFX - BFG to name a few) would donate a couple 8800GT's to the cause. I would certainly NOT turn down a GTX 280 :)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm looking in the other direction......

This is out first Billion.

(Implying many more to come)

I think perhaps you misconscrewed what I said.

“Time to quickly reflect” doesn’t mean we take the next 6 weeks and practice some of relic’s Gregorian chants, it meant give it a moment’s thought to see how far we have come.

“To move forward with great vigor” means to do it quickly as in right now.

Just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings;):D

I think perhaps you misconscrewed what I said.

“Time to quickly reflect” doesn’t mean we take the next 6 weeks and practice some of relic’s Gregorian chants, it meant give it a moment’s thought to see how far we have come.

“To move forward with great vigor” means to do it quickly as in right now.

Just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings;):D

It's only a billion points....not like we're breaking a sweat yet. ;)

BTW you're only 5k WU ahead of me.
Better step it up. :p

it would be cool if we were able to tell which user puts us over the 1 billion mark. Kind of like the 1,000,000th customer at a big store or something like that. I don't think the stats work that way though:(

Mc[H]orde......billions and billions served :D

I like that "Mc[H]orde" expression SpoogeMonkey, it's "right on". :D

Have we got any "super" sauce, "secret" sauce or "whatever" sauce (Hey it's not like I live in a cave or something, it's just when I do the food thing it usually includes a "can opener" and maybe some ketchup. :rolleyes:

FOLD ON!

if only we could fold on our XBOX 360's .... :mad::D

..and or Wii's .. :p

here's to many billions to come !

[F]old|[H]ard

if only we could fold on our XBOX 360's .... :mad::D

..and or Wii's .. :p

here's to many billions to come !

[F]old|[H]ard

You could if you wiped it and loaded Vista. ;)
Not much good for gaming (or folding for that matter) but you can do it.

You could if you wiped it and loaded Vista. ;)
Not much good for gaming (or folding for that matter) but you can do it.

You're thinking of the first Xbox. The 360 and the Wii have PPC chips. Maybe OSX.

Back