One Click OS Swap in dual boot environment?

theDeviL

Limp Gawd
I'm currently in the process of installing El Capitan on a separate NVME drive in my windows build and I plan on dual booting the two. While I love the boot loader, is there a way to scripts something to allow the computer to restart and boot into the other OS without having to select upon boot (a lot like when you boot into safe mode)?

thanks!

No, that is a function of the mb bios so the manufacturer would have to write code to give a boot menu like you want. That would be a good optional feature though so they should do it. I used to dual boot that way too and it is the best way because reinstalling Windows won't blow away the grub loader in the mbr.

Boot Camp Support Software have a feature that does that. It adds an icon in the notification area in Windows and in the upper right corner on MacOS.

If you can't get that working, at last on the Windows side you could use EasyBCD. One of the utilities has a way to add an reboot icon that allows switching between OSes (but it would only work going Windows to Mac since it's a Windows application).

Back