One of my cards in a TRI-SLI setup is really hot Advice

rennocneb

Limp Gawd
Have 3 GTX 285's in tri sli one of them is running very hot the other 2 are normal temps. mid 80s under furmark with about 65% fan. The one thats giving me issues after 15 to 20 minutes of fur mark will hit 100C at 100% fan. Is it possible the heatsink isnt mounted correctly or something i can fix without having to RMA the card? its an evga so they are pretty good about modding i beleive? i want to be able to keep my stepup etc for this board.

Switch positions of the card and see if it changes temps. If it doesn't then its the card.

yea already did that it moves with the card its definately the one card runs hotter than the other 2

If re applying the sink doesn't void the warrenty I would do that.

RMA it while you still can in case due to the heat it fails later and your stuck with it. If you try to fix it yourself you might void the warranty, meaning an expensive paper weight.

I'm not too familiar with triple card setups, but I'd guess it's the card in the highest PCI-E slot. Isn't it normal for some cards to be hotter than the other in SLi?

Unless it really is a heatsink problem or such, in which case the card is just defective.

I moved the card from slot 1 to slot 2 and the heat followed it its apart now i took the factory heatsink off is there anything i should look for as to why it would run 20C hotter than the other 2 cards?

20C more than the other 2 is NOT normal. 5-10c ok but not 20c. RMA that card and be done with it. EVGA's rma process is as painless as it gets, and won't be an issue. Call em and get the rma going.

You can try this and see if it helps out.
P1000886-1.jpg
a6af28b5.jpg

Back