One of my user is having POP3 email errors

dragontales

Limp Gawd
We are using Outlook via pop3 mail.

I am getting my emails bounced back to me when I send that user emails. The error saids "552 Too many recieved headers, suspected mail loop."

The user has no problems sending and recieving email from outside email addresses such as hotmail, yahoo, msn, etc. The problem only exist within our host name. For example me ([email protected]) sending to another ([email protected])

Anybody have any ideas about this too many header error? thanks.

here is my lay verson of it.

one of your users has some funky setup that your mail server doesn't like ( too many headers). in outlook make a new idenity it will reset everything to default. setup mail account send test message. it should work. if they mess it up, tell them to stop. google your error message if you want a fancy answer.

gesicht said:
here is my lay verson of it.

one of your users has some funky setup that your mail server doesn't like ( too many headers). in outlook make a new idenity it will reset everything to default. setup mail account send test message. it should work. if they mess it up, tell them to stop. google your error message if you want a fancy answer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will create a new profile on my test machine and setup that user's account on outlook and run some test.

Back