Only about motherboards and CPUs

mutantmagnet

Limp Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Heavy Web browsing with streaming videos. Light gaming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? $100 is my ceiling.
3) Where do you live? NY
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? Reread OP :p

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Everything else but I might be persuaded to upgrade the CPU if I like the price.

6) Will you be overclocking? No.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? I will pull the trigger by May 23rd the latest.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? Integrated graphics. Effective lan solution.

Basically the capacitors near the CPU for my parents' Abit mobo blew out and the mobo has to be replaced.

It has to be a Micro ATX board and it has to atleast support the Georgetown Sempron.

Right now I'm thinking of the ASRock A780GMH/128M

I would've purchased it already until I came across the ECS A780GM-M3 which will be back in stock possibly on May 22.

Why I picked these motherboards over all the other AMD boards is that they sem to offer the best integrated solutions.

In terms of lan the Asrock uses a Realteck 8111DL while the ECS uses an Atheros AR8121.

From the product sheets the Realtek DL would be a significant upgrade over the 8111B but I was curious if anyone had any opinions on Realtek's latest offerings compared to Atheros?

Another thing that attracts too much of my attention are their integrated sound solutions.:eek:

The Asrock uses VIA VT1708S who update their drivers frequently over ECS' s IDT 92hd202 who don't.

In fact Atheros from what I gather don't offer as much driver support as realtek so that helps justify the $15 higher premium I would have to pay on the Asrock but I was curious if anyone had experience with these audio solutions as well?

Besides that I'm open to suggestions for bundle deals to upgrade the Sempron 3800+ for a new CPU (either Intel or AMD) with a new micro ATX board and my max budget would stretch to $130.

Get this motherboard instead: It has free shipping too.
$70 - ASUS M3A78-EM 780G Motherboard

Or if you feel like upgrading: (Shamelessly ripped from Danny Bui)
$159 - AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz Triple-Core Processor
_____ ASUS M3A76-CM 760G uATX Motherboard

A little over your maximum budget, but you can sell the 3800+ to offset the costs.

Back