Opinion about Gateway and 8510GZ

bbc20000

Weaksauce
I would like to know what is your opinion about quality and customer service of Gateway. Also if you have Gateway 8510GZ let me know your experience with this laptop.

I got this laptop about 3 days ago, and my first impressions are very good. The screen is awesome. Did a little bit of gaming on it which went flawlessly. (Nothing Major, Sim City 4, Flatout, F.E.A.R. Demo). Decent fit and finish, no creaking or flexing that I'm aware of. Came with a bunch of software....probably won't use it but it certainly came with it. Very solid laptop, no regrets thus far.

What is your score in 3dmark2005. My first score with the original video drivers was around 1450. I have updated drivers with the newest Catalyst and the score jumped by almost 300 points. I am thinking about buying extra memory for the laptop. I am wondering what the score would be with 1Gb of RAM.

Gateway's laptops are quite decent, better built than many, and they're pretty good about driver updates. Never used their phone support as I've never fixed any that needed that level of support, but I hear it's pretty good.

I generally don't run a lot of benchmarks, but now that my internet connection is in a better mood I'll run it and get back to you.

Back