Opinion: Could Broadcom buy Intel

Factual answer no, no they couldn’t.
The US Govt would not allow that to fall into the hands of China cutting off access to the closest thing to a modern node from a US company on US soil.
Is Broadcom a Chinese company? If it is, then I agree 100%.

EDIT: IF not, could the Chinese government, iow, the Communist Party, block the deal? And what about the European Union?

Is Broadcom a Chinese company? If it is, then I agree 100%.

EDIT: IF not, could the Chinese government, iow, the Communist Party, block the deal? And what about the European Union?
Headquarters in Singapore, close ties to the CCP and Huawei.
It’s why Broadcom was named in the whole 5G fiasco, and why they will be in the impending 6G one too.

What a weird world we live in where out of AMD, Intel, Nvidia, Broadcom...

Intel is the smallest....

Everyone will IBM eventually... and IBM Xerox'd itself.
Its actually kind of insane. Like, just yesterday, AMD was the underdog.

No. AMD announced it's biggest marketshare (against Intel primarily) in long time, in fact, I don't think it's been higher. But still, not even half, not even a third of the markets.

I didn't realize Broadcom was worth so insanely much. I also didn't realize AMD was worth twice as much as Intel.

I didn't realize Broadcom was worth so insanely much. I also didn't realize AMD was worth twice as much as Intel.
Wowzers. I had to check to see for myself that AMD's market cap is almost 2X Intel. But why?

Just as a thought. MS can't buy Intel, or it would piss off AMD, which they can't afford to do. Same for MS buying AMD.

Crazy times, really crazy.

Wowzers. I had to check to see for myself that AMD's market cap is almost 2X Intel. But why?
"AMD's partnership with TSMC, which pulled ahead of Intel in the "process race" to manufacture smaller chips in recent years, enables it to produce denser chips than Intel. Over the past five years, AMD's stock rallied more than 450% as Intel's stock slumped nearly 20%."

Innovation, I guess. Intel was stagnating for years, resting on their laurels, while AMD was innovating. And then Apple dropped Intel to make their own chips, which were also smaller. Intel has been playing catch up and I guess it's hurt them.

Stock market only cares about the future growth, not the present position.

Intel has not been a forward-looking company for a while.
Yeah, they do have "something" with their iGPU/QSV and their memory controllers, but compute wise, they gave up with the super hot + clock work and utilizing "crap cores". Reminds me a whole lot of the Netburst era.

Warning: Intel recovered from their last big mistake (P4 Netburst era) in a major way. So, not ruling them out.

I`m really starting to hate Broadcom , they're giving me such a headache with the vmware transition , especially with EUC split to another company.
Just last year all the reps tried to convince us to more more stuff to the vmware cloud , now they tell us they are basically shutting it down.
good thing we didn't listen.

Factual answer no, no they couldn’t.
The US Govt would not allow that to fall into the hands of China cutting off access to the closest thing to a modern node from a US company on US soil.

Headquarters in Singapore, close ties to the CCP and Huawei.
It’s why Broadcom was named in the whole 5G fiasco, and why they will be in the impending 6G one too.
What are you talking about??? Broadcom is an American company headquartered in Palo Alto, California. What are your sources for all of these claims? You might be thinking of a different company.

What are you talking about??? Broadcom is an American company headquartered in Palo Alto, California. What are your sources for all of these claims? You might be thinking of a different company.
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1GQ22N/
I thought they were Chinese-based, but everything I see says they are American... I thought they were bought up by China back in their 2016 merger but I guess not.
It is followed up with this though
https://www.wired.com/story/fear-of-china-scuttles-deal-that-didnt-involve-china/
That’s a little odd, because on its face, the deal itself has nothing to do with China. Broadcom's key units are US-based; the company is headquartered in Singapore, which is generally considered friendly to the US. And in November, Broadcom CEO Hock Tan announced that the company would move its main office back to the US---while standing next to Donald Trump during a press conference at the White House no less.

My old brain must be doing funny things.
Ignore me, I'm just going to drink until I kill off the faulty cells.

Please, F no!!
To steal a phrase from Rocky IV... whatever Broadcom touches, they destroy

1715377997194.png

No. AMD announced it's biggest marketshare (against Intel primarily) in long time, in fact, I don't think it's been higher. But still, not even half, not even a third of the markets.
Isn’t it less than a 16th of the market overall?

I bought 100 shares of AMD back in December...hopefully it catapults in the next few years like Nvidia stock

That's not what determines the financial size of a company. AMD has been worth more as a publicly traded company for some time now.

But why? Intel revenues are much larger.
But what matters to the stock market is how much a share of a company can be sold to someone in the future.

So if someone wants to buy X% share of AMD for more than what someone else wants to buy the same size share of Intel, then it's a more valuable company.

No one is buying intel.

Lina Khan ain't allowing M&A these days...and even if she allowed it then the EU and UK would have to sign off.

How long did Microsoft and Activision take? The Adobe figma deal died because it couldn't get through.

I thought they were Chinese-based, but everything I see says they are American... I thought they were bought up by China back in their 2016 merger but I guess not.
It's all good. ;) I was getting ready to join you with my pitchfork, but I know someone who used to work there and was pretty confident they were US based.

Really interesting article, IMHO all you need to think about is this quote:

"....And yes, there will be regulatory scrutiny, but the overlap between the two is fairly small and Broadcom is now a US company. We can also hear many people arguing that "Broadcom is done with semis, they are a software company now," but this misses the fundamental point that Broadcom is neither a semis company nor a software company, it is a private equity fund...."

Really interesting article, IMHO all you need to think about is this quote:

"....And yes, there will be regulatory scrutiny, but the overlap between the two is fairly small and Broadcom is now a US company. We can also hear many people arguing that "Broadcom is done with semis, they are a software company now," but this misses the fundamental point that Broadcom is neither a semis company nor a software company, it is a private equity fund...."
Yeah that Avago purchase back in 2016 changed the company a lot, I don't know if I would call them a US company per se but it's likely close enough, apparently not close enough for the Trump administration, but that was then and this is now.
Bah the tech sector is going to hell in a shopping cart powered by an Amazon AI, fueled by piss bottles.

Back