Votes: 10 55.6%
  • As good as the first one

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Better than the first one

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

edifyingkarma

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got done finishing Kotor for the first time (*gasp* I know I should have gotten to it earlier) and I am highly interested in trying The Sith Lords. Bioware developed the first one (probably my favorite developer) and Obsidian was tasked with The Sith Lords. I feel that Obsidian is decent when it comes to game developing (Neverwinter Nights 2 was enjoyable but not fabulous) but do not seperate themselves from the pack like I feel Bioware does.

Due to the fact that i've heard mixed opinions concerning the quality of the sequel so I wanted to pose a question to all of the RPGers out there.

The Sith Lords:
-Utter shit compared to the first one and not worth the time
-Not as good as the first one, but playable
-As good as the first one
-Better than the first one

Thanks for your inputs ahead of time :)

Ed

2, Not as good as the first one, but playable.

I almost bought it today, it seems like they repackaged it and are selling it along with a lot of the old starwars games in stores. It was $20 though and I prefer to have it in Steam.

It's not as good as the first, but it's still worth playing. I'm selling my copy if you're interested.

heh, you guys posted before I finished the poll. Guess I shouldnt be distracted when posting

Its as good as the first one in my opinion. I thought that the storyline for the 2nd game was more interesting then the first one. Its just a shame that KOTOR2 was released with unfinished areas, I heard talk about a mod that was working on opening up these areas but beyond that I have no information.

For me, the game was unacceptably buggy.

I completed all of the requisite storyline components and had all of the pieces to build a lightsaber, but could not. Had to restart the game.

I also fell through the map on XBox. At that point, I sold the game.

I may try to replay it now that there are patches available and it is cheap on the PC.

The second one had strengths that outdid the first one. The second one allowed for a much higher level cap than 20, allowing you to become quite a bit more powerful, as well as implementing prestige classes. I also found the various members of your part much more interesting in the sequel.

That said, it's a bugfest. The story is filled with holes, and there are a number of issues that the last patch didn't fix. The original KOTOR was a much more solid finished product, and as a result the story is far more compelling.

However, there are projects out by various groups to restore the content in the sequel. The first was being worked on for the last few years by Team Gizka, but in recent weeks it's become apparent that they have effectively abandoned the project, and they only ever released beta builds to their handpicked beta tester.

There is also another project that effectively will fix the same issues that the TG project was working to take care of, known as the TSL Restored Content Mod by Darth Stoney. It's set to be released in a solid beta form this month. Highly suggested.

With the restored content, I believe KOTOR 2 is a strong competitor that really gives the original a run for its money.

Both are fantastic games.

Back