Opinions on buyer /motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphere

2[H]4U
Hello Everyone,

I have a strange predicament that I needed to get some opinions on.

Sold a motherboard that I've not had a single issue with-ever. Packaged it up in the anti-static bag, put it in it's original box, then placed it in a larger box with 3" of peanuts on the bottom and the top.

Once he received the board he emailed me to let me know that he wasn't sure if the board came from me or Newegg due to it's pristine condition.

Now, he say's he can't get the board to post, fans come on,lights light up and that's it.

Say's he's tried 3 cpu's-3 psu's-4 sticks of ram and it won't run for him.

Fast forward to yesterday, he told me he was having psu issues, which is bad news all around as he stated he was shorting out the pins to start it up outside the case.

Last night I receive an email stating the mobo took out the psu and was very unhappy with me about it( which makes me throw out his credibility of him being a *skilled* builder that he so often made known) I didn't think that was possible, so I went over to JG's and asked the question, and low and behold I was right, the mobo can't take out the psu unless the psu is faulty to begin with.

He also stated that he now has a dead stick of ram.

I clearly stated in a reply email to him (I have them all for documentation purposes) that I will be more than happy to refund him once the board arrives providing it's in the same working condition that I sold it to him in. I let him know if the board does not work we are going to have problems.

I have Heatware that's 36-0 from 2005 to the present day, so it's not like I'm new at this, he on the other hand has none.

I feel he damaged the board when his psu took a dump while powering the board up and now he wants me to eat the cost from his mistakes and take the loss.

I'd mentioned to call tech support from the mfgr, but he said he didn't want to wait on hold:confused:

This is a very surreal situation for me and I'd really like to have some feedback from you folks.

Appreciate it,

Sphere

well..um...

That's really unfair that he would put u in this type of situation. Maybe what you can do is tell him to wait (you can send it in for repair if you still have warranty ) and then send it back to him THOUGH he has to pay all the shipping charges. Just my 2 cents

Thanks zuppy,

It's a situation that should have never happened.

I don't believe any mobo mfgr is going to warranty a board that they know has had the pins shorted with a screw driver, plus the fact when he emailed me stating the psu died powering the board and now one of his good sticks of ram is bad......and wants me to pay all the shipping costs to get it back to me.

This whole situation appears to be really sketchy on his end.

Bullcrap, he broke your motherboard, I would not take a return at all if I were you, NOT AT ALL.

He broke that thing and now wants you to pay to get it shipped back?

Tell him to go through manufacture and stop being a punk about, otherwise if he ships it back to you and it is broken, warn him he's not getting a refund and has to pay to get it shipped back to him.

That's my feelings exactly aZn,

I just don't want to get screwed over by Paypal.

I have his pissed off email stating the board blew up his psu while attached, which can't happen if the psu works the way it's supposed to. If the psu was borked, then it can happen, but then again it's back to the psu.

I just can't believe he declined calling tech support from the mfgr because he didn't want to wait on hold.

Again, paypal is my concern.

Edit: My Heat is under my user name if anyone wants to check credibility.

It sounds to me like he broke the board with a crappy PSU...
its all on him now.
As long as you can prove you shipped it to him , and he didn't use a CC with PP, you should be OK.
if he paid with a CC, and does a chargeback, my experience is he will win regardless, as paypal cannot refuse the funds back to the CC and they sure as hell wont take the hit.

Thanks Crosshairs,

The package was shipped UPS with tracking/insurance/signature confirmation plus the pictures I took of the board and package.

I do have the the receipt with all the information.

Non-CC Paypal was used.

Thanks again guys for the input :)

I agree with everything that has been said thus far, but just would like to clarify one small point:
Using a screwdriver to short the header to turn on an ATX mobo while it is being tested is neither harmful nor uncommon.

Thanks Vertigo Acid,

I agree it's not uncommon, however if one were to touch more than just the pins a short can ensue.

Many moons ago I used to do the same, but for the past few years I've been using these so I don't have to worry:

Switch.jpg

As long as you guys feel I'm in a good situation, then that makes me feel quite a bit better. Never been in this situation, never wanted to be now.

well yea bro, just forget about him. u sent a perfect mobo, and with ur heat and years on [H] its very hard to believe that it was bad. Just good luck from now on.

...fans come on,lights light up...

...Say's he's tried 3 cpu's-3 psu's-4 sticks of ram and it won't run for him...

...he told me he was having psu issues... (me: psu trouble x 3? the board took out all three psu's? right....)

...*skilled* builder... :rolleyes:

I have Heatware that's 36-0 from 2005 to the present day, so it's not like I'm new at this, he on the other hand has none.

I feel he damaged the board when his psu took a dump while powering the board up... (me: unless the board isn't really damaged at all :rolleyes:)

i think he blew his one and only psu and keeping the mobo puts him outside of his budget, considering he needs a new psu now too. things just aren't adding up with the stories you're relaying from him, in my opinion.

i don't believe for a second that you would send out a faulty motherboard.

it's sad, but we really gotta get legal, and specify just what your terms are, as in AS IS, No guarantee, etc .otherwise, things get left to assumption. Hope it all works out. Oh yeah, one more thing. Parts are to be returned before ANY refund, at the buyers expense.

Thanks Vertigo Acid,

I agree it's not uncommon, however if one were to touch more than just the pins a short can ensue.

Many moons ago I used to do the same, but for the past few years I've been using these so I don't have to worry:

Switch.jpg

As long as you guys feel I'm in a good situation, then that makes me feel quite a bit better. Never been in this situation, never wanted to be now.
Those are really nice you should market those:D

it's sad, but we really gotta get legal, and specify just what your terms are, as in AS IS, No guarantee, etc .otherwise, things get left to assumption. Hope it all works out. Oh yeah, one more thing. Parts are to be returned before ANY refund, at the buyers expense.

I didn't put down any terms, just that the motherboard was for sale for the specified price and that I would ship with pictures of the box(once packaged up) in the event the box was mishandled in it's journey, as well as tracking/insurance and signature confirmation to protect the both of us.

I also sent pictures of the mobo to him before the sale in which he said he didn't know if it came from me or Newegg due to it's pristine condition.

Otherwise I had not written any terms.

snaggletooth,

I hope Paypal see's it that way.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Those jumpers can be purchased here: http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TechStationAccessories

Just a little update.

The buyer called me tonight(gave him my number a few daysago in case he had any questions or issues he needed advice on.)

He told me he can't take the loss. He's a new home owner, and his daughters had an expensive dentist appointment that needs to be paid for as well as him having a tooth pulled tonight.... That my friends is interesting, his dentist pulls teeth on a Saturday night.

Interesting that he had no problem talking.

Anyhow, he said he needs the money for these things and doesn't want a dispute. his solution, take the board back refund his money and send the board back for RMA......I don't think so.

Then he starts telling me about this $600 monitor that he recently bought

I told him I'll test the board once it arrives, but he insisted that it's not going to work.

Don't know what else needs to be said about that conversation.

Flat out: He ships the board to you (his cost) and you test it. If it's borked, RMA it for him (you just eat the cost to keep things simple). Once you get the board back, send it to him (his cost). I would NOT issue a refund in this case. It sounds too shady to me.

Renegade5399,

I don't have the receipt unfortunately.

He wants to get the Biostar TP45 HP, that's what he's told me in the emails.

Just a little update.

The buyer called me tonight(gave him my number a few daysago in case he had any questions or issues he needed advice on.)

He told me he can't take the loss. He's a new home owner, and his daughters had an expensive dentist appointment that needs to be paid for as well as him having a tooth pulled tonight.... That my friends is interesting, his dentist pulls teeth on a Saturday night.
Sad story indeed...but it changes nothing.
What it does do is make him sound childish by bringing these things up.

I agree, and having the nerve to start talking about his recently purchased $600 monitor takes the cake, when he say's he needs money.

So he recieves a well packaged working mobo, breaks it, and wants a refund.

This falls under the "You break it, you buy it" category.

Renegade5399,

I don't have the receipt unfortunately.

He wants to get the Biostar TP45 HP, that's what he's told me in the emails.

See what the manufacturer will do. You've already done more than I would have.

I agree with Renegade. If you feel like being a decent seller, take the actions... but don't, by any means, think you're obligated - I'd make sure he knows that as well.

MrCoffee,

My thoughts exactly.

ATLPIMP,

I hear ya'- I'm just trying to be a nice guy. Maybe that's the problem, that I'm being too nice.

I'm still trying to work with him, but I made it known I'm not taking a loss on this board due to his negligence.

I found out what his ebay account is and noticed this neutral feedback left for him.

*won item, and then they credited my money b/c thier dog chewed it up??*

I have the page bookmarked if anyone doubts the entry.

I found out what his ebay account is and noticed this neutral feedback left for him.

*won item, and then they credited my money b/c thier dog chewed it up??*

I have the page bookmarked if anyone doubts the entry.

It IS possible... but based on your word, I'm already biased towards your side.

I'm taking the advice of others including yourself, no more bending over backwards for this guy.

If he wants his money it's going to be from a Paypal judgement, I'm not paying for his mistake on trashing the board, period.

Here's the email I've been telling you folks about:

PP.jpg

And his view on the board:

PP2.jpg

Sounds like a prick... So anyways I will be sending it back for a full refund + shipping charge lol... yeah back to the manufacture you dumb kid ... geez who is this guy, definitely going on the DNT list.

I wouldn't give him a dime of his money back. When you get the board and test it, regardless of if it works or not, the buyer should pay for return shipping. From what I have read, sounds to me this guy shouldn't be building computers, but rather buying them from Best Buy.;)
Myself and others have done enough business with you to know that you sell only quality parts and you are a excellent seller, plus you go above and beyond to insure that it is safely packaged and shipped.;):)

Hey Guys,

Need some assistance.

The buyer just called me, said he's keeping the board and not returning it for me to test.

He stated that he's going to create a Heat account to leave negative feedback.

Anyone else had to deal with this kind of crap and had to dispute Heat?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Need some assistance.

The buyer just called me, said he's keeping the board and not returning it for me to test.

He stated that he's going to create a Heat account to leave negative feedback.

Anyone else had to deal with this kind of crap and had to dispute Heat?

Thanks
he sounds desperate now, and is trying to extort you with threats about negative heat,
or he was just trying to scam you all along..either way, he sounds like a real winner.
Just be sure to put a link to this thread and a complete detail of what happened in your reply about his heat.
Anyone who reads it will see him for what he is.

Also, you need to out him, so we can all add him to our DNT list.

he sounds desperate now, and is trying to extort you with threats about negative heat,
or he was just trying to scam you all along..either way, he sounds like a real winner.
Just be sure to put a link to this thread and a complete detail of what happened in your reply about his heat.
Anyone who reads it will see him for what he is.

Also, you need to out him, so we can all add him to our DNT list.

Exactly.

Asshole.

(not you Crosshairs)

definitely trying to scam you. i bet you the mobo is working and he's using it right now.

Funny how he doesn't want to send the board back.

He already gave me neg. Heat

PP4.jpg

I agree with everyone in this thread... this jerk was trying to scam you.
Leave a link in the heatware comment reply so everyone can see just how unreasonable and trollish he is.
His reasoning and antics were completely retarded..

Best of luck to you OP. If you had something I needed, I don't think I would hesitate to buy.

Reply to the Heat he left with a link to this thread

I'm sure 99% of the people can figure out the fact he is a tool

Your reply to his heat eval is spot on.
Anyone who reads it will see it for what it is, especially since its coming from someone with no heat.
you made him look like a childish individual,and did it with class and facts.
I would have no problem buying from you, and I doubt anyone else would either.

He agreed to send the board back to me for testing, and now refuses to, and he also doesn't want to file a claim with Paypal, so that's pretty self explanatory.

I appreciate all the support fellas,

Been a real downer having this happen, but you all have helped smooth out the ride, and that I commend you all on.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back