Opinions on Epox

ownerizer

Limp Gawd
Okay, so I can get some opinons on EPoX brand boards? I'm thinking about getting one of their lower end 939 boards, just 'cause I need one and I'm not looking to fork out a ton of cash.

I have an epox ep-9nda3j and i love it. When i was looking to upgrade everybody on these boards was like "If your gonna overclock you have to get the msi neo board" but i didn't want to spend 150$ on a mb (at the time). I gave the epox board a shot after reading some positive reviews of its older brother and here are my results.

prime95 stable at 290mhz FSB with my 3000+
gaming/benchmarking stable all the way to 300mhz fsb, but not prime 95.

Its got lots of voltage options just like the more expensive boards, of course its AGP but thats not gonna limit you very much , despite what all the "buy sli" people will tell you. Onboard and on chip nvidia RAID , onchip gigabit Nvidia ethernet, decent onboard sound , active cooling. I really like it, I bought it with a 3000+ and a thermalright xp-90 and its worked out very well for me.

So i guess to answer your question Epoxs low end socket 939 boards are unmatched in their overclocking potential in their price range. You simply can't get a better overclocking motherboard at that price point.

I can't say I'm an EPoX fan, but I am not an MSI fan either and it is my understanding that they make a good board in the K8N-Neo 2. That might be something you want to look into as well.

I would second the epox board nomination, i really like mine, not had any issues with it really. Nothing that wasnt my fault anyway, and teh post code display they put on there is hella useful. As far as overclocking goes, ive got a bit of a dud chip i think, it has taken and xp-m to well over 230 fsb before i broke it, should have heeded the warning about not banging your case around to lans with an slk900 + 92mm delta installed.

Herulach said:
...i broke it, should have heeded the warning about not banging your case around to lans with an slk900 + 92mm delta installed.
lol. Umm. Yeah. If you chip the die you're kinda screwed. ;)

I've got one and it serves me alright. Easy to OC, but I think I may be having issues with the temp monitor thingie (I can't really trust its acuracy). Not really a big issue with mine because I got a 3.0c, but with an AMD I'd be worried to OC it a bit. Then, it may just be me. Nothing wrong with the Epox far as I can tell.

I wasnt really that bothered about it as the chip was scavenged from an old rig someone was throwing out cos it had a huge crack in the screen. So when it went, although a little gutted I just went back to my original 2400.

As an aside, ive actually worked with a 9nda3+, and it is a fantastic board, all the overclocking options you could ever need, and ram voltage up to 3.1V, just wish i had some BH-5 knocking around at the time, or ever in fact :)

well i recently purchased the 9NPA ultra, and I must say, this board is everything that the review said it would be. I do have overclocking problems myself. But seeing as I have a CBBID a64 3000+, this would be expected.

I had an Epox 8KDA3J for s754 and it worked great. I recommended it to my cousin for his s754 needs also after he was having problems with the Chaintech VNF3.

I recently got the 9NDA3+ with a 3200+ and I love it. I haven't overclocked it yet as I am undecided on a replacement for the stock heatsink, but the reviews i have read show some sweet overclocks.

9NDA3J here. Excellent board. I decided on Epox after reading too many MSI horror stories.

I've had 5 epox boards and built around 45 total
Current ones here are EP-8rda3g
and a KT600 model for my htpc

Very stable boards
nice overclockers(I've hit 2.6ghz stable off air on this board)

they're not overly flashy boards. But the Price to performance ratio is incredible. Features are NICE.

My 9NDA3+ is a decent board. I don't like the gigabit NIC though. It's really flakey with my DSL modem and I had to put an old D-Link 10/100 NIC in my computer to get a reliable connection (although my brother's DSL modem works fine with it). Also, my chipset fan rattled a bit, but bending the casing outward a little shut it up.

This board is extremely stable for me. That's what I like the most about it. It hasn't crashed or gotten BSOD at all, even overclocked.

If I had to choose again, I'd have gotten the J version of this board. It has a different NIC and looses the VIA Firewire and Marvell SATA ports, neither of which I'll ever use.

RTarget said:
9NDA3J here. Excellent board. I decided on Epox after reading too many MSI horror stories.

Heh, I had a MSI board, something was wrong with the voltage, 'cause it burnt 4 CPUs. My dad kept telling me it wasn't the board and me being the dorky kid I am believed him. Pssssffftttt to MSI and that situation. I'm never buying another MSI board.

Back