Opinions on su7300 / Laptop Procs

KillaChaos

Limp Gawd
I am going to college next fall and I need a laptop. I am not particularly a fan of laptops so I am pretty lost when it comes to Laptop specs.

Here is what I want to be able to do:
- Left 4 Dead 2. I don't plan to game in college, but running L4D2 is a reasonable benchmark for me.
- Photoshop + Dreamweaver (again, benchmarks), Photoshop + Firefox, Visual Studio + Firefox
- 1080p (optical drive not needed, push comes to shove, I will buy one.)

So far I have been looking at the Sony Y and Sony Z. The Z is perfect, but 2k is a little much. Sony Y looks great too, but the su7300 @ 1.3 Ghz irks me for some reason.

Does anyone who have the PC/processor have any personal reviews? Does anyone believe there are any better pcs out there? Should I look for an i5, or are C2Ds fine too?

Also, I would prefer Laptops under 5lbs.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Well HP has a 15inch Core I5 and 5830, the Envy 15. Battery life is pretty bad at 2:30. But the the up side is its very light, and has a very good 1080P in anti-glare and glossy. ;)

Well HP has a 15inch Core I5 and 5830, the Envy 15. Battery life is pretty bad at 2:30. But the the up side is its very light, and has a very good 1080P in anti-glare and glossy. ;)

That would be great, but I need a long battery life.
Infact I wouldn't be asking this question if there was no long battery + powerful cpu. But it seems the Z series seems to have both, so I am just looking for alternatives.

Back