Opportunity to get an ATi x1950xt deal, should I?

repeatx3

n00b
My friend offered to sell me his ATi x1950xtx for $300. He says he doesn't game as much so he is willing to let me get a deal on it. The thing is, I don't game too often on my 17" LCD either so I don't know if it will be a waste on me. I was thinking about picking up a 7600gt as it is good enough for the games I play.

I have a C2D 6300 and 2GB of DDR2-6400 for my system specifications so my hardware won't bottle neck either card.

But I realized that if you buy top-end hardware, you are pretty much set for 1 or 2 generations of video cards before it can't keep up. So if I bought his 1950xtx, I should be set for the next 2 years right? For once though, it would be AWESOME to turn on all the options to MAX and enjoy the eye candy! :D :D

Help me make my decision guys, appreciate it!

I'd take the x1950xtx because they are a great card and it'll last you a good year or more which will give direct x 10 time to mature :)

repeatx3 said:
My friend offered to sell me his ATi x1950xt for $300. He says he doesn't game as much so he is willing to let me get a deal on it. The thing is, I don't game too often on my 17" LCD either so I don't know if it will be a waste on me. I was thinking about picking up a 7600gt as it is good enough for the games I play.

I have a C2D 6300 and 2GB of DDR2-6400 for my system specifications so my hardware won't bottle neck either card.

But I realized that if you buy top-end hardware, you are pretty much set for 1 or 2 generations of video cards before it can't keep up. So if I bought his 1950xtx, I should be set for the next 2 years right? For once though, it would be AWESOME to turn on all the options to MAX and enjoy the eye candy! :D :D

Help me make my decision guys, appreciate it!

Well, if you don't game that much either, you really won't take advantage of what that card can offer, but it will run the current games you play, like butter
A X1950 XTX should hold you off for a while. That's a fact. I know that on my 19'' monitor, my 7800 GTX 256 still holds its own, providing me excellent performance in games.
That said, I suggest you go for it. Seems like a good deal to me!

The XT does exist and you can even buy it some places(use Froogle). For $300 is a good deal.

That's a great deal, but if you don't game much....get a nice 20" widescreen LCD for $300.

Back