Opteron 175cd available in Canada

FragMagnet

[H]ard|Gawd
I ordered my cpu a few hours ago, they still seem to have stock. Price is Cdn.
http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=4010

I know some peeps were looking for these, but so far it's the only model they have available.

This is my first AMD since the slot A days.
just need the HD and mem to finish it, once the cpu arrives.

Asus A8N-SLI
2x Leadtek 7800gtx/tdh
Opteron 175 CD
Antec 550 v2.0

2gb of ?
HD ?

FragMagnet said:
Hitachi T7K250 seems to be a hot drive right now. And at a little over $100, it's not too badly priced, either. I'd take a look at it.

Whoah, that 148 price is nasty ($359). It's $230 USD at Monarch, about $280 CDN. The 175 is still cheaper at PC Canada, though. Good find.

Thanks for the site link, though, I don't think I've seen that company before. I'm going to check the rest of my components on there.

thanks for the HD info, I also read that WD has a new drive (7200 rpm) 400GB drive that is supposedly half the Hitachi's price. I assume it's based on the MSRP, but it shattered their benchmarks for speed.

As for PCanada site, I had it in my favs as a cdn listing, it's been there for a few years, but I bought some thermal paste from them a couple years back. But the place I bought the mb/vc/psu from hadn't even heard of the chips yet, so getting newly released stuff in Canada is tough at times.

FragMagnet said:
As for PCanada site, I had it in my favs as a cdn listing, it's been there for a few years, but I bought some thermal paste from them a couple years back. But the place I bought the mb/vc/psu from hadn't even heard of the chips yet, so getting newly released stuff in Canada is tough at times.
I later realised that I've been at their store location before. Ha! I've already talked to them on the phone and am awaiting price quotes on several components.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Back