Opty 170: Known stepping or gamble?

Craptacular

Limp Gawd
Have an OEM Opteron 170 on order from Monarch, but I'm a natural worrier so...

Which route would you have taken? Gamble and take your chances on what Monarch sends in terms of stepping, or buy a confirmed CCBWE 0546XPMW?

Couldn't find any info on results with that new stepping, and as far as I know the Monarch order could be the same.
Thoughts?

i've got 14 of those (well, less now) sitting 'round here. prolly is a decent, middle of the road proc.

dave

dave_graham said:
i've got 14 of those (well, less now) sitting 'round here. prolly is a decent, middle of the road proc.

dave

Golly. Isn't that a coincidence. ;)

Actually I didn't know of Flickerdown's pricing or availability until today, AFTER the Monarch order was made. If I thought I could cancel after an order was "sent to warehouse"...

My 0546 XPMW from Dave just got here this afternoon. Golly, a S939 motherboard sure would come in handy right now! I had a choice between that and a 0541 SMPW (i think) which is known to not be one of the better ones, so I figured it'd be fun to try out the new guy.
By all means, keep me posted and I'll do the same. Should be beating the living hell out of mine inside two weeks. :D

I ordered an OEM 170 from Monarch and got a CCBWE 0534 yesterday. Not the best possible, but I was surprised to get one from an earlier week. Thing is I ordered awhile ago and had to wait for the XFX GT part to get back in stock, and then they have a craptastic 'sig required' for delivery so that delayed things several days...

My 0543 running at 2.3g now on air no other tweeks but upping the speed. Going higher and I'll have to play with my memory setting, but for now I can't complain. 7450 3dMark05 on that with stock 7800GT. Temps are good, highest I've seen is 46 under max load and mostly sits at 36-38 when normal internet activity and such. Thanks again Dave.

JasonG :D

Elias said:
I ordered an OEM 170 from Monarch and got a CCBWE 0534 yesterday. Not the best possible, but I was surprised to get one from an earlier week. Thing is I ordered awhile ago and had to wait for the XFX GT part to get back in stock, and then they have a craptastic 'sig required' for delivery so that delayed things several days...

What does this run? Just curious because I have the 165 with same week and can do 2.6-2.7Ghz, but none of the 2.8Ghz like the 0530 guys.

Back