Order a pizza while playing EQII

Thanks for the input retarded... it did just pop up on CNN though.

Elias said:
Thanks for the input retarded... it did just pop up on CNN though.

Search is your friend. And personal attacks and flaming are not allowed. Consider this a warning about name calling.

spugnor said:
Search is your friend. And personal attacks and flaming are not allowed. Consider this a warning about name calling.

Look at his forum name.

Elias said:
Look at his forum name.

Whoop! Is my face red... :eek: Sorry guys, just trying to do my moderator duty! Saw the retarded, and jumped to the wrong conclusion. Consider me suitable chastised! :D

Carry on! :p

Haha, don't feel bad. That was the first thing that came to mind here, too.

I wish we could use WoW money to pay for the pizza. I'd happily pay 1G for a large pizza :)

cuemasterfl said:
I wish we could use WoW money to pay for the pizza. I'd happily pay 1G for a large pizza :)

I second that one. But then again, I'd never see a mount...

retardedchicken said:
It's alright, I don't mind being called retarded, even if it was a personal attack :p

It wasn't.

i also think /pizza would be cool if you could use ingame money to do it. It will never happen, but cool none the less!

Hmmm.. I wonder how long it will be before "Free Large 1 Topping Pizza Coupon" becomes a drop. :)

On a serious note, if this pizza deal works out for them I wouldn't be surprised if they did start giving free pizza away to long term subscribers at some point.

Well we knew that this and much more is just on the horizon. Look below @ what is currently happening to Anarchy Online.

Most people enjoy playing UT2K4 to music like I do for example. Do not be surprised to see the latest popular artist's music blasting inside of your favorite shooter. While you run by a billboard of them you have the option while in-game to order thier latest cd from Amazon.com.

In-game ads coming to Anarchy Online

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/24/news_6119195.html

Anarchy Online players will soon see advertisements on billboards stationed in central regions of the game's futuristic landscape. Online game developer and publisher Funcom, based in Sweden, announced today that it has inked an exclusive deal with New York City-based Massive, one of a small number of companies creating a viable market in in-game advertising.
Just a month ago, Massive nabbed $10 million in funding and stated that it was working with eight game publishers, including Ubisoft, Atari, and Vivendi Universal, on deals like the one announced today with Funcom. In December, Massive forged an alliance with Nielsen Interactive Entertainment to track the effectiveness and reach of its advertising efforts.
As consumers spend less time watching television and more time playing games (as indicated by numerous studies, including one from Nielsen), the game industry is turning its attention to understanding the potential to drive additional revenue from in-game advertising. "As opposed to a medium like TV, you know that the gamers' eyes are always watching the screen while playing games," Funcom CEO Trond Aas said in a statement today. "We are sure advertisers will cherish this revolutionary new opportunity to reach the extremely valuable 18-34 demographic...[and] we know that most gamers want in-game advertisement to heighten the sense of realism."

Massive picks up funding as in-game ads evolve
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/19/news_6116670.html
Massive says it is currently working with eight game publishers as well as applying its ad-serving technology, one that sees dynamic insertion of ads via the Web, to more than 40 upcoming titles. It also announced an alliance with Nielsen Interactive Entertainment last December, wherein Nielsen will track effectiveness and reach of ads served to gamers on the Massive network.

this is the most stupid thing ive ever seen..... theres something called a TELEPHONE, and it actually would take up less hassle than pausing your game and visiting a website.

retardedchicken said:
For some people, walking the 10 step marathon to the phone is tough ;)

Isn't that what cordless and cell phones are for? I thought for them it was the sprint to the door or the bathroom. Heaven forbid they have any stairs.

"We are sure advertisers will cherish this revolutionary new opportunity to reach the extremely valuable 18-34 demographic...[and] we know that most gamers want in-game advertisement to heighten the sense of realism."

Dunno about everyone else, but seeing advertisements inside of a game won't add to the realism for me. I personally despise advertising agencies, and this misinformed guy is set to waste our game time with ads. At least in EQII if you want to see a pizza hut logo you have to ask for it.

Back