Order TV On Amazon, Get $2k Assault Rifle Instead

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some dude ordered a TV on Amazon, ended up with a Sig Sauer SIG716 semi-automatic assault rifle instead. I fail to see the problem here? :D

Instead of the flat-panel TV he had bought to enjoy with his wife, who is pregnant, Horvitz opened the long packaging to discover a Sig Sauer SIG716, a high-caliber, semi-automatic assault rifle capable of mowing down, well, just about anything. Its manufacturer, Swiss Arms AG, describes it as "the rifle of choice when you require the power of a larger caliber carbine." Awesome.

I'm not sure I would risk opening a package shaped like that if I had ordered a TV (since clearly it is not a TV-shaped box). Seems like there was just a shipping mix-up somewhere.

Ohai ATF, shipping to my house? Not my idea.

Again with the "assault rifle"...

That's quite a mix up. Did you notice the huge grin the dude has on his face?

I used to live in the District for a number of years while going to college. IMO, what the real story here is the fact that DC outlaws weapons. Sad. Super glad I'm not residing in that chunk of land anymore.

I used to live in the District for a number of years while going to college. IMO, what the real story here is the fact that DC outlaws weapons. Sad. Super glad I'm not residing in that chunk of land anymore.

Knowing of places like Prince George's County so near, can't entirely blame them...

The most I ever had mis-sent to me via UPS was a previous tenant's order of face cream, fancy soaps and avocado facial mask. I had every intention to drive it out to the real address but then my good samaritan streak ran dry. Sat in my closet for the better part of two months till one day a UPS driver came to pick it back up and redirect to the right address.

"Gun, what gun? Do you have any signed paperwork?" :D

DO WANT! Then again I would go broke on ammo and accessories.

Dude scored. I don't know that I would spend $2k on a TV... but the rifle, for sure.

That's a nice rifle - 7.62x51mm NATO (.308, for you old schoolers), short-stroke gas operation, AR egronomics. Me likey.

I would have totally kept it. I'd score one of those Tiger Direct refurb TVs for less than a grand and call it good.

If you look at the shipping box on the ground, it looks like there a second smaller box inside that looks exactly the same as the box the rifle is in.

Dude scored. I don't know that I would spend $2k on a TV... but the rifle, for sure.

That's a nice rifle - 7.62x51mm NATO (.308, for you old schoolers), short-stroke gas operation, AR egronomics. Me likey.

I would have totally kept it. I'd score one of those Tiger Direct refurb TVs for less than a grand and call it good.

Pretty sure the ATF would eventually be knocking on your door asking to take a peak at your new TV.

Sig Sauer SIG716, a high-caliber, semi-automatic assault rifle capable of mowing down, well, just about anything.

Really? Has this been tested? ;)

Too bad he couldn't keep it.

The funny part is that in parts of D.C. you need to have the rifle to protect the TV that they didn't ship to him.

The semi-automatic assault rifle will go very well with my heat-seeking unguided missle on my non-submergable submarine while I enjoy a vegetarian meat-lovers pizza. :rolleyes:

OMG the local news station (Fox, of course) were just all Gaga over this.

"What a scary, scary thing to have happen to you"

Give me a break people. It doesn't have teeth. It's not alive. Leave it in the frickin' box like the guy did and unless you drop it on your toe, you'll be just find and dandy.

The dude definitely looks acts like a wimp though.

It's sadly ironic that the Nations Capitol, the heart of America, is the most non-constitution supporting entity in the country.

It's sadly ironic that the Nations Capitol, the heart of America, is the most non-constitution supporting entity in the country.

Well, they operate outside of the US, and always have. It's an unincorporated administrative district. It is actually legal to ban guns in DC. It is fully under the jurisdiction of Congress.

Well, they operate outside of the US, and always have. It's an unincorporated administrative district. It is actually legal to ban guns in DC. It is fully under the jurisdiction of Congress.

And they also dont want to get hurt when they become corrupt/get involved in scandal/break their word/other misc dumb things that anger constituents.

And they also dont want to get hurt when they become corrupt/get involved in scandal/break their word/other misc dumb things that anger constituents.

The law won't stop anyone if overthrow is the goal. The law banning guns was just a Progressive political statement.

Knowing the law is for chumps. Clearly.

(Yes, it's completely legal, and people are crazy...)

Since when can you buy an assault rifle or any gun for that matter on Amazon?

Is Amazon secretly trafficking guns.

Since when can you buy an assault rifle or any gun for that matter on Amazon?

Is Amazon secretly trafficking guns.

It's probably a matter of distributors screwing up rather than Amazon specifically. Some distributors actually carry guns and other things which aren't related to guns at all.

I might have been imperssed had it of been a REAL Sig rifle such as a 552 Commando!

Back