Order TV On Amazon, Get $2k Assault Rifle Instead

Normally when the media says high-caliber, I expect to see a .22. I think I'll let it go when it comes to a .308.

Love my M14. AR ergos are for sissies. :D

He was scared the gun might kill him and his wife in their sleep.

I do have to say I'm pretty amazed the cops didn't arrest him. I'd expect DC to have some zero tolerance law for possession of an "Assault Rifle" regardless of how one came into it's possession.

Amazon: Supplying assault rifles, big empty boxes and cocaine to the masses since...

:D

The article made it sound like they just dropped it off in his hallway.

Obviously a huge mistake - but who sends any sort of gun without confirmation of signature. (For now I'm ignoring the fact it should have been sent straight to a dealer for proper FFL transfer)

Would have loved to gotten that delivery -- free 2000 dollar rifle with no paper trail. Yes please.

I gotta admit, the comments on that news post are actually pretty funny for once.

"semi-automatic assault rifle"

Um, yea... At least they didn't call it an AK.

The box was dropped off in the hallway outside yesterday afternoon, with a 7.6 pound, 37-inch-long assault rifle sitting inside. The SIG716 carries a suggested retail price of $2,132.
1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Holy shit! I'm all for people killing people, but damn UPS, thank you for making it that much easier! Kudos to the others involved in the screw-up.

Just image someone stealing that package.

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Holy shit! I'm all for people killing people, but damn UPS, thank you for making it that much easier! Kudos to the others involved in the screw-up.

Just image someone stealing that package.

imagine someone else was supposed to be picking up that package, got distracted to lunch and now he won't be able to perform the hit on that particular politician. :eek:

Well, they operate outside of the US, and always have. It's an unincorporated administrative district. It is actually legal to ban guns in DC. It is fully under the jurisdiction of Congress.

The Supreme Court says your wrong. The Constitution still applies to Washington DC.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes in federal enclaves, such as self-defense within the home. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

imagine someone else was supposed to be picking up that package, got distracted to lunch and now he won't be able to perform the hit on those particular politicians. :D

Fixed that for you, 99% of those politicians need to be flushed. Once they are gone we should do away of with parties and force people to read up on them before their voted in.
And, whoops, I misspelled imagine.

Since when can you buy an assault rifle or any gun for that matter on Amazon?

Is Amazon secretly trafficking guns.

Probably the shipping carriers mistake. I've had a package delivered to me before that was in no way related to my name, address, or street. I've also had one arrived where the label from my package somehow got stuck onto another package, it arrived with two labels on it mine and theirs. What I ordered was forever lost.

I've also had packages of mine delivered to businesses across town. I call and the person tells me that the receptionist at the front desk signed for it. I have to tell them that my home has no receptionist or a front desk.

Reminds me of the time UPS left a box at my apartment door. Since I was expecting a package I opened it to find a huge dildo inside. Checked the address and it was for this nasty ass chick that lived above me. Called UPS and had them pick it up for redelivery. Wasn't going to risk taking up to her personally.

I live in AZ, and can't even find an assault on Amazon.

The Supreme Court says your wrong. The Constitution still applies to Washington DC.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes in federal enclaves, such as self-defense within the home. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

There are many rules and regulations to it that are currently held as Constitutional. Like, not being able to own a gun like the one in the article. The 2008 case just made it so fewer guns were banned.

Reminds me of the time UPS left a box at my apartment door. Since I was expecting a package I opened it to find a huge dildo inside. Checked the address and it was for this nasty ass chick that lived above me. Called UPS and had them pick it up for redelivery. Wasn't going to risk taking up to her personally.

ROFL

This post made my night.

Back on topic...

I'm expecting to get a mouse from Amazon tomorrow. Perhaps I will actually get on of those Springfield .40 XD pistols I've been eyeing :rolleyes:.

You mean they don't ship them fully loaded with a round in the chamber?
Even then it'd only really be scary if it the delivery guy had it locked & loaded & pointed directly at you. Special delivery, I've got that ammo you ordered! :eek: What? You ordered a TV? :confused:

I wonder who was the right recpt for this package, i mean if he didnt order it... someone had to...

Or, "a machine gun", the way the news outlets called any weapon bigger than a pistol here in NYC after 9/11: "Police officers armed with machine guns are now patrolling the streets ..." (ESU personnel) :rolleyes:

IMO they should've just said that the cops were armed with miniguns and called it a day :p

"semi-automatic assault rifle"

Um, yea... At least they didn't call it an AK.

UPDATE, 10:45 a.m.: Ty Rogers, an Amazon spokesman, declined to say what the company is doing to remedy the situation.

That's some crack reporting right there... :rolleyes: Poor spokesman.

Gun control: Working as intended.

We really do need some sort of additional common sense gun controls. Everyone should have one but not everyone does. Need a new law that mandates every able bodied citizen carry one. That's gun control.

Great. Now more idiots are going to be under the impression that American citizens can just order firearms over the internet and have them delivered to their door.

FYI: all legal firearms purchases require the firearm be sent to an FFL, who can then transfer the weapon in the same way a gun store would. You can't just get a gun mailed to your house.

What's even more remarkable is that this happened in DC. Yet another example of just how effective their strict gun control laws are.

We really do need some sort of additional common sense gun controls. Everyone should have one but not everyone does. Need a new law that mandates every able bodied citizen carry one. That's gun control.

I wouldn't force a weapon into the hands of a fanatical gun hater. They'll be irresponsible with it on purpose, allow something terrible to happen, and then use it as another excuse to say guns need to be banned.

Its ok to admit it was for you. We don't judge to harshly here :)

Back