Ordered a 2407wfp-hc

flashpoint603

Weaksauce
Estimated ship date 2 weeks from now. NOT DELIVERY, its SHIP. Dell claims they are out of the monitor or monitor component. What bullshit. Sigh, oh well. uber monitor inc!

Heh, maybe they sell them like hotcakes. I considered getting one just because I am not sure if I can justify spending a grand on a monitor.. but I decided I want IPS, so...

I got them from CostCo, it seems to be instock. And a little cheaper too.

No costco where I live. I called to complain to dell and what not. Had a shipping confirmation sent within 15 minutes. LOL. When they end up with an unhappy customer on the phone a monitor just happens to be available.

Don't mean to bum you out but I got a 2407-hc last week and had to return it. There have been other complaints about this monitor in other forums.

For me the problem was that for non color sensitive applications like Windows Desktop and the Internet all of my images were oversaturated. A quick test of this is to create an image in Photoshop and then use it as your Desktop. Even if I forgot about how the image looked in Photoshop and just tried to get the Desktop image to look decent I could not calibrate my monitor to do this. I worked on it for about 8 hours and then just gave up. I still can't figure out why non color sensitive applications would produce oversaturated images? Why Dell would make a monitor that responds this way is a mystery.

To Dell's credit they did take the monitor back with no hassle. They even arranged for pickup and didn't charge me a shipping or restocking fee. The return experience exceeded my expectations. Big time Kudos to Dell.

I ended up getting the Samsung 226bw for $300 less and except for the stand and the lack of more input choices am pleased.

Maybe it was just me but although I not a guru I have some idea of what I am doing.

Snapping out,

Dog Star

I think the oversaturation is a product of wide gamut backlighting and the fact that Windows is sRGB... Photoshop must be able to take advantage of and compensate for that, while Windows can't.

People with much more knowledge about it have tried to explain that in the Planar thread. But I think it's a Windows issue, not monitor issue.

It is a Windows and of much larger concern an Internet issue because these applications are non color sensitive. But who cares where the fault lies, images on the Internet are way oversaturated and there is no way to compensate for this with parameter adjustments. This should have been considered by Dell.

Snapping out,

d

I just Ordered my 2407 The 29th, dell gave me an Est. Ship of the 4th, but its actully already shipped and on the way, should be here today or tomarrow. So i would take that Estimate with a grain of salt and just keep checking the order status.

Thats why calibration device is necessary to adjust the colors on the -HC

Back