Ordered Biostar TP43 and got TP45 from Newegg

Juggafat

Gawd
For some reason when I was shopping at Newegg I couldn't find the TP45 HP board so I settled for the TP43. The next day I found the TP45 on Newegg it was just that they scrunched the letter together "TP45HP" so I couldn't search for just "TP45." Anyways I was pretty bummed.

So I got the motherboard and the printing on the board itself reads TP45 HP. How crazy is that? Anyways I was just wondering in the case that the board was DOA (still waiting for my 4870) would I get hassled since I ordered a TP43 and received a TP45?

I say keep your mouth shut if it's ok. If it is DOA, then let them know about the error. So that means test it quick.

So I got the motherboard and the printing on the board itself reads TP45 HP.

How was the antistatic bag sealed?

I'm asking because I just received a TP45 HP from Newegg and the CPU socket pin protector wasn't installed in the socket. It's floating around loose in the antistatic bag. I was like WTF!?!?! so I haven't even opened it. Worse yet, my antistatic bag is sealed with a single piece of regular cellophane tape. All of my recent boards have been sealed with some type of sticker or label so this has me extra suspicious.

I haven't opened the bag yet. I think I'll post a thread about it and then chat with someone at Newegg before I open it.

Everything was perfectly in order....I did notice that they sealed the bag with cheap tape. In my past experience they usually use like a red vinyl type of tape. But yeah I'm pretty happy cause now i have the ability to crossfire and the board isnt DOA.

Everything was perfectly in order....I did notice that they sealed the bag with cheap tape. In my past experience they usually use like a red vinyl type of tape. But yeah I'm pretty happy cause now i have the ability to crossfire and the board isnt DOA.

Ok, thanks.

what did the box (or CPU-Z etc.) say it is?
often mobo manufacturers reuse the same PCB across several variants to keep costs down.

It's def a TP45...has the crossfire jumpers on the board and I doubt they would label a TP43 PCB with TP45

They just did the same thing to (for) me! I ordered a TP43HP for a customer, and received a TP45HP. The bag was sealed with cellophane tape.

What a waste of a TP45HP. It's going in an office machine. :rolleyes:

Ok yeah I just looked at the box and Biostar is accidentally putting TP45's into TP43 boxes. The serial# sticker says TP43.

Hey you're right! It does say TP43 HP on the sticker on the box!

P43/ICH10, LGA775, ATX, FSB1600, Dual DDR2-1066, etc...

Funny thing though. If you look at the number above the UPC barcode, it says IP43BA7T-R01, but if you look at the number below the ID bardoce it says IP45BA7T-01. Weird.

Somebody messed up. I wonder where all the P43 boards are going?

Just noticed on Newegg, the TP43HP is on "auto-notify". Meaning they found out about it, or sold out. Rats.

It supports more memory. A P43 supports a max of 8GB while a P45 supports 16GB which is pretty sweet. And you get dual LAN as well, depending on which board you get.

It supports more memory. A P43 supports a max of 8GB while a P45 supports 16GB which is pretty sweet. And you get dual LAN as well, depending on which board you get.

well considering that there are only 4 memory slots, and 4gb sticks are expensive as hell, you'll probably only max out at 8gb anyways(4 x 2gb).

The main difference is P45's support splitting of the pcie lanes into 2 pci-e 8x lanes for crossfire, where as on a P43 you can't.

Iand I doubt they would label a TP43 PCB with TP45
well iirc an Asus P5N32 uses a Striker PCB, abit IP35 & IP35-E use same PCB etc. etc. - usually they just screenprint 1 & then stick a label over that for the other.

if you have as per pic then you've won a watch, congrats.

b20080718.jpg

the TP43 board is fsb limited to around 420

while the TP45 is capable of reports 575+

well iirc an Asus P5N32 uses a Striker PCB, abit IP35 & IP35-E use same PCB etc. etc. - usually they just screenprint 1 & then stick a label over that for the other.

if you have as per pic then you've won a watch, congrats.

b20080718.jpg

Yeah I def have the P45...the main diff are the red jumpers in between the pci-e slots.

Back