Orthos test failed

jbweldon04

n00b
So, I'm kind of a newbie for overclocking. I've gotten my E6600 to 3.240 with a FSB of 360 and my multiplier is at default, 9. My memory uses a 2X multiplier and is at the frequency of 740. My Vcore was upped to 1.31 on my CPU and to 1.85 on my memory. I get into Windows fine and I can run games at high settings and what not. But, I just recently ran an Orthos test and my computer got to temps of 55 degrees and then restarted. Obviously my computer was strained heavily and restarted. Am I at the point where I need to up my Vcore more, so that Orthos can run through it's whole process? I know the point of the program is to strain your computer to get perfect optimization. But, should it be crashing at such low setting on good hardware?
B

So, I'm kind of a newbie for overclocking. I've gotten my E6600 to 3.240 with a FSB of 360 and my multiplier is at default, 9. My memory uses a 2X multiplier and is at the frequency of 740. My Vcore was upped to 1.31 on my CPU and to 1.85 on my memory. I get into Windows fine and I can run games at high settings and what not. But, I just recently ran an Orthos test and my computer got to temps of 55 degrees and then restarted. Obviously my computer was strained heavily and restarted. Am I at the point where I need to up my Vcore more, so that Orthos can run through it's whole process? I know the point of the program is to strain your computer to get perfect optimization. But, should it be crashing at such low setting on good hardware?
B

up your ram voltages to 2.0v or 2.1. btw, are you running orthos on blend or small ftts test?

I ran Orthos on blend. Should I just test the CPU and RAM seperately?
Thanks with the RAM help.

I ran Orthos on blend. Should I just test the CPU and RAM seperately?
Thanks with the RAM help.

First run the Small FFTS to test your CPU stablility then run blend, if blend failed that mean you ram is unstable.

Hmm Ide lower the multiplier to x7 and Ram upto 2.1 V
you should be trying to get the FSB up before dealign with ram but ide also change the ram settings to 1:1 not 1:2

And if your jumping straight to 3.2 ghz is kinda off.. Take it in steps is my suggestion. Burn it in.

450 fsb x 7 multiplier is a godo start. Vcore 1.375 and mecore at 2.1

Set ram to 5:5:5:15:20 (ive had trouble with OCZ pc6400 rev 2 platinums) getting stable.
I clocked upto 3.3 ghz but the ram shot me down lol.

Type: Small FFTs - stress CPU Min: 8 Max: 8 InPlace: Yes Mem: 8 Time: 15
CPU: 3240MHz FSB: 360MHz [360MHz x 9.0 est.]
CPU: 3240MHz FSB: 360MHz [360MHz x 9.0 est.]
1/24/2007 3:25 AM
Launching 2 threads...
Using CPU #0
Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
Press Stop to end this test.
Test 1, 800000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M172031 using 8K FFT length.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture Test ran 1 minutes 9 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Execution halted.

Umm... yeah. I have no clue why the test stopped during the Orthos test. I used the FFTs test on the CPU. and my RAM settings are 1:1
Any suggestions?

the small FFTs test is testing the CPU only. Not the ram. If your getting errors you should either try higher Vcore possible 1.4 and keep trying.

But my suggestion is to get rid of your high multiplier. go to x8

Back