Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2 !!!!!

Finkus

Gawd
Pure comedy, great tracks, great stories and a finale that tops even Ready Steady Go!

I was in foot tapping, head bobbing, rhythm action, J-Pop heaven all night! Bliss!

Import now! Cracking title. :D

I have no idea what the stories are all about but I'm trying to piece bits together from the visuals.

There is one with a doctor, fresh off the boat, that gets mobbed and has to sort out increasingly bizarre medical problems, including rejuvenating and old man, a horse and fixing a microwave! =D Great song on that one! "Popstar"

I like the Western stand-off with the two hairdressers, which ends in the clipper user finishing off the young, attractive scissors guy with a Manga-esque special move flourish!

There is a Barbara Cartland style romantic novelist with writers block.

Some young girl that causes some kind of structural damage? to her mother-in-laws house and is forced to work for the camp potter from the first game, in order to pay her back.

There is the college student from the first game, now trying to meet some deadline at work with the same disruptive family in the background, who ends up getting the promotion or something.

There are two college girls that seem very angry with each other and some kind of drama ensues. They have to save some old man from being hit by a boar and then make up??? That one totally went over my head.

There is the child of the young couple from the first game, who wets the bed and you have to help him fight off various water-related horrors from his dreams to help him wake up dry and happy.

There is a trio of ugleeee women at a concert for some guy with new romantic ruffled sleeves. He gets kidnapped by a muscle mary, replete with moustache, heart shaped eye-patch and tattoos. You have to help the women fight off his army and save their hearthrob. CAMP AS TITS!!! LOVE IT!

Then there are the three guys that have built a robot and you have to help it fulfil its potential by beating a giant cat that is destroying buildings ( :confused: )

There is a 'Over the Distance' style slow song called Believe where a girl's friend/sister/lover gets killed in an RTA after they have an argument and you have to motivate her to get back on her ice skates and eventually represent Japan in some ice skating championship.

A bizarre one where some woman is unhappy because a shopkeeper has sold her dodgy shoes (or maybe she is his wife and she is angry because he's trying to sell crap that nobody wants) and so her idea of revenge is to put him in a rocket and fire him into space where he sets up a store for aliens and makes a fortune.

There is a sumo wrestler that is past his prime that you have to motivate to win some tournements.

Finally there is the finale where the sun 'goes out' and both Ouendan teams have to combine forces to rally the world behind them and re-ignite the sun with the combined human spirit of the world, wooeee!! Of course this can only be achieved with much posturing, cheering and melodramatic flourishes to a outrageously camp J-Pop anthem!!

Thanks Nytegard.

For imports to the UK I used yesasia which got it to me less than a week after the Japanese release date at very reasonable prices.

I like the game and it's great as a pick up and go. I always find myself wanting to watch the top screen animations when I should be focusing on the touch screen. =P

Back