OT: Free Hosting With KrAzyWuLpH.net

Hmm Very nice work krazy;) Btw, good to see you again...

One question... How reliable is this connection? Just curious, cause I may host my next mod project pics (Oldschool Version 2) on here, because photobucket cuts you off after 2.5Gb of bandwidth...

Thanks man...

-Brad

I've never had a bandwidth issue, and I've never seen my host go down. If you need more then 5 megs, let me know and I'll set it up. Glad everyone's still enjoying this.

can i login using ftp? i have lots of small images to upload that gets tedius. btw i already have acct

So nice of you. Thank you very much. I thought your SN looked fimilar since I browse XFN on occasions.

i do a similar thing on my site www.1stclasspcs.com/uploader.

i wonder if we can consider this community service? I need 4 more hours by december according to my College housing contract. and between the time it takes me to set up the server, find a good script and set that up i think it would be about 2 hours.

satriani5902 said:
can i login using ftp? i have lots of small images to upload that gets tedius. btw i already have acct
Sorry, no ftp accounts. If you really need one email me. [email protected]

compslckr said:

i wonder if we can consider this community service? I need 4 more hours by december according to my College housing contract. and between the time it takes me to set up the server, find a good script and set that up i think it would be about 2 hours.
I'm sure ir could count, you're giving to the community aren't ya??

Note to all. 174 users and couting. I'm considering a limit to users, either this or a donation service to keep the uploader free for everyone. Please email me your thoughts. [email protected]

whoa! I was like, thats a nice uploader i'll have to find it cause the one i have by celeron dude isnt like that, but it looks like he made that one as well, any idea how to get the beta stuff?

*edit*
Doh! on his front page :)

If you get overloaded with ppl let me know, i have a server as well that i'd be more than happy to host some using that same uploader :)

cybertron said:
whoa! I was like, thats a nice uploader i'll have to find it cause the one i have by celeron dude isnt like that, but it looks like he made that one as well, any idea how to get the beta stuff?

*edit*
Doh! on his front page :)

If you get overloaded with ppl let me know, i have a server as well that i'd be more than happy to host some using that same uploader :)
Thanks dude. At 200 people I'll start referring them to you.

yeah i dont recommend offering up free hosting if your bandwidth cap is as low as it is, whatever its at it seems pretty low if all people are doing is hosting pictures.

now we have to wait how long before the pictures come active again ?

i dont know why people just dont use their own isp provided free webspace.
not knocking yours cuz i use your free hosting too but bandwidth limit exceeded, yuck cant be having that.

v_lestat said:
yeah i dont recommend offering up free hosting if your bandwidth cap is as low as it is, whatever its at it seems pretty low if all people are doing is hosting pictures.

now we have to wait how long before the pictures come active again ?

i dont know why people just dont use their own isp provided free webspace.
not knocking yours cuz i use your free hosting too but bandwidth limit exceeded, yuck cant be having that.
You need to seriously calm down. I have a lot of bandwidth, but with 200+ users and some sharing videos from multiple directories my bandwidth was eaten. I no long will host pictures. I appologize to all that followed the rules.

give me some time to implament the same uploader and i'll host some pics. again at some point i'll have to stop allowing registration, but my BW limit is 1TB a month and I only use about 100gb a month.

Alright its on like donkey kong!

http://www.goatinatree.com/upload

Have at it, i set the limit to 500KB because I feel it should be enough. a 640x480 image is about 50kb at worst, so that leaves a good amount of space for a few items. If anyone thinks that 500 is to small, let me know and i'll consider upping it.

Hyper_Psycho said:

From the TOS:
6a. BRICKSHELF.COM GALLERY
The purpose of the Brickshelf Gallery service is to showcase LEGO® fan created content. You agree that the content you upload to your Brickshelf.com Gallery folder will be related to LEGO® products, services or of general interest to the LEGO® fan community. you agree not to upload instruction or catalog scans, except for limited extracts, to the Brickshelf Gallery. Instruction and Catalog scans may be submitted to the Scan Service by emailing them to [email protected]. All submitted LEGO® Instruction and Catalog scans become property of Brickshelf.

ROFL!!!
...so if I include a Lego in every pic upload, I'll be OK???
Heeheehee-larious.

xplicit said:
From the TOS:

ROFL!!!
...so if I include a Lego in every pic upload, I'll be OK???
Heeheehee-larious.

dude if you sign up for brickshelf your gallery is different on maj

i was the 15th person to sign up with brickshelf back in the day
hence my id is 15 / Psycho

if you go to maj.com and put in your brickshelf ID you will be taken to your MAJ gallery
and guess what ... you can create folders under the section for sale and trade

take a look
http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4510 < - my MAJ FS/FT image hosting
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=5360 < - some sketches I did back in middle school

notice that I am still Psycho / 15 yey !
http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Psycho
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Psycho

totally different gallery depending on what site im on

screw it, my server is a POS, it goes down sometimes and the fools take forever to reboot it. i guess u get what you pay for $50

I setup free image hosting on my server.. Free Image Hosting - Click Here

2MB Limit Per-Picture - No Limit Per User - 100% Free No Strongs - Never will cost anything.

I`m implementing some new features such as pictures by IP, so if you have a static IP you can see the pics you have uploaded previously.

Well I have 1.5Mbit up/down wireless internet and im building a server soon. I have no per month limits on how much I can upload/download and it seems very reliable so far...

I run win2k on everything and so far I know how to run apache/win32 and a FTP server program I like that has some pretty advanced setups...

anyone wanna school me in what to run and stuff and I may be able to host an image server... I would wanna limit up/down for the image server to like 384Kbps and user accounts to 5MB(that can be done in the ftp server I bet) but I dont know how to limit up/down via the webserver / apache. I run apache 2.x anyone?

if I can get it going well I wont mind running it, and I was already explicitly told by the local tech in charge of my isp that as long as I wasnt doing illegal and/or business things with my connection I could run it full out and it would be no problem so I have no per month bandwidth limit ^_^

I hate to tell you but 1.5mbit is not NEAR enough to run an image hosting site.
I just started hosting and I get to 5mbit regularly and peak over 10 sometimes.

You can do it your internet would just be SLOOO and most home ISPs don't allow servers so if your running 1.5 24/7 they may get suspicious especialy on port 80 :D

thanks for the advice, Ill stick to my original plan: hosting sites just for friends. But you didn't read my entire post it seems. I was explicitly told by my ISP's tech that as long as there were no illegal files and it wasn't for business purpouses I could run servers on it, and in the contract I signed nowhere did it say I had a per month limit, it only said they reserved the right to restrict bandwidth on certain ports to a certain rate per second or somesuch if they wanted to (basically saying if I was running an http server and it was constantly uploading at 1.5Mbit 24/7 they had the right to restrict my port 80 to whatever they wanted, say... 16Kbps) But again, this is a small town, most people wont even get wireless... there isnt even a computer store here... Heck, the wireless service was only up and running a week when I got it! Im like their first customer in this town on wireless...

Oh... I do run up and down at or near 100% all the time since I got it... always do that to all the broadband I get, so they better not cut me down or ill be mad, I am paying for 1.5/1.5 I better get it.

compslckr said:

thanks for this!

Back