outlook 2000, with exchange 2007

Hi Guys,

This is why i love SMB's, they ALWAYS throw a spanner in the works.
Anyway, new SBS 2008 server, all setup and ready and want to get email in via SMTP to exchange. Spanner is all the desktops have outlook 2000...

Now sadly SBS2008 isnt including the outlook license any more and they wont pay to upgrade everyone. So its Either OWA which they are not too happy about, or outlook 2000.
So has anyone found a way of getting it to work? It sees the server but then brings up an error about opening the folders.

G

Eeek...with Exchange07, during install of the vanilla one, it asks if you will have legacy Outlook clients..and it does something different in preparing the public folders and the offline address book.

With SBS, I don't know if there's a way to go in and change that legacy setting.

Eeek...with Exchange07, during install of the vanilla one, it asks if you will have legacy Outlook clients..and it does something different in preparing the public folders and the offline address book.

With SBS, I don't know if there's a way to go in and change that legacy setting.

SBS installs exchange with legacy support enabled. The legacy support is for anything pre outlook 07 which requires public folders. Starting with outlook 07 you don't need them.

That being said outlook 2000 is not supported in exchange 2007. Need to be running 2002(XP) or newer(currently 2002, 2003, and 2007).

Back