Outlook Express Issues

|Leviathan|

Limp Gawd
hi all,
my friend has a problem, he had a previous account that was POP3, then he shifted to IMAP because his pop3 account was not working correctly, he did not transfer the files immediately

after round 3 days usage he pressed F5 to refresh his inbox folder while he was viewing his old pop3 inbox folder and suddenly all emails disappear

any ideas?

note: i took note of the directory database folder were the original inbox.dbx is saved and its files size is of 2.00Gb therefore i think that the emails are still there, just that outlook express is sort of not reading them.

thanks for all your replies in advance

As chance would have it, I dealt with this problem the other day. All of the emails in the inbox were gone, but the inbox.dbx file still showed a couple of hundred megs. There are a number of causes and fixes, but the only one of those that worked for me was DBXtract which you have to pay $5 for.

It will run (and take forever, especially on 2GB) but it pulls all the emails out of the inbox.dbx file, puts them into another directory with .eml extensions, then you drag all of those back to the inbox of OE. Worked perfectly for me. Results may vary.

Back