Outpost: Q6600 @ $299 + S&H

nope, it's just that fry's fucking rocks. Some people die and go to heaven. Geeks die and go to fry's. :)
:p

I kind of hate living so close to one since I shop there multiple times a week.

Dammit. :mad: My order was accepted, but is now listed as Back-Ordered (Partial Back-Ordered at first, but then the detailed summary loses the "Partial" bit.) :mad:

:p

I kind of hate living so close to one since I shop there multiple times a week.

I used to have that problem when I lived in CA. Went to Fry's all the time. Addicting store for techies. LOL :D

Placed my order yesterday. I didn't get a confirmation email so I called them today. Item B/O til late August. I cancelled, think I'll wait a few weeks.

Dammit. :mad: My order was accepted, but is now listed as Back-Ordered (Partial Back-Ordered at first, but then the detailed summary loses the "Partial" bit.) :mad:
Hey, better that than missing out...they're back up to $529. :)

That's funny as hell, the price goes up and the miraculously have them back in stock.

[21CW]killerofall;1031222038 said:
I would consider this a warm to hot deal considering that it isn't July 22 yet, but also knowing that the price will drop another $30 or so in 3 weeks I would call this a room temp deal. BTW shipping is free.

i concur this is [N]ot a hot deal!:eek:

OMG. Who ever say that it will drop another $30 from $299 = BIGGEST NOOB!!!!

You only get $266 Per CPU if you buy 1000 you won't get $266 from newegg, zzf, td, or tankguys on July 22nd. It will be around $280-$300. Not $266 like many of you thought.

Hey, better that than missing out...they're back up to $529. :)
Just called them, web page hasn't updated yet. Order still says Backordered, but my order is in the warehouse boxed up and ready to go. Yay! :) You guys who cancelled, may want to call and try to uncancel.

Edit:
Guy I spoke to on the phone said they just got a shipment in last night.

shady business???what do you guys think....well i went to one of the fry's that was close to me, to try and pick up the Q6600 yesterday, they said they run out of stock it was even printed on the counter..so i was like ok it was past 12 anyway..well today just got curious and call the same store...and now they have like 8 in stock....WTH???i had a friend that work at the same fry's before and he said their shipment comes in every friday of the week to replenish stock...and now suddenly they have 8 sitting for a $532 a piece????:mad: how the hell that happened?i may be just bitter...but this is wrong....

shady business???what do you guys think....well i went to one of the fry's that was close to me, to try and pick up the Q6600 yesterday, they said they run out of stock it was even printed on the counter..so i was like ok it was past 12 anyway..well today just got curious and call the same store...and now they have like 8 in stock....WTH???i had a friend that work at the same fry's before and he said their shipment comes in every friday of the week to replenish stock...and now suddenly they have 8 sitting for a $532 a piece????:mad: how the hell that happened?i may be just bitter...but this is wrong....

This is just my opinion, but wouldnt it make sense that the Q6600 CPUs they had available for sale ran out of stock? Say they have 10 per store to sell at $299, once they're gone, they can sell the other Q6600 they had in stock for the regular non sale price.

I wonder if Intel slapped their hand for selling the low price too early

My "back-ordered" order has now changed to IN PROCESS :). WOOOOT! Check your orders if you had placed one while they were out of stock, because they're now in-stock and shipping ;). The price for new orders is back up though as stated, but those who got in early are good to go now it looks like :).

You only get $266 Per CPU if you buy 1000 you won't get $266 from newegg, zzf, td, or tankguys on July 22nd. It will be around $280-$300. Not $266 like many of you thought.

Well-said, amazing that this myth still circulates constantly :(.

This is just my opinion, but wouldnt it make sense that the Q6600 CPUs they had available for sale ran out of stock? Say they have 10 per store to sell at $299, once they're gone, they can sell the other Q6600 they had in stock for the regular non sale price.
i dont get it :confused: all im saying is that they said it is $299, then they only allowed to sell few, and then keep the other ones..and now all of a sudden they have 8 in stock??..i dont know for me thats not right... /rant over

quote from tankguys site is as follows: "Final pricing is expected to be between $275 and $290. If the price exceeds $300, you can cancel your pre-order for a full refund of the $5. If the price remains below $300, the $5 is non-refundable." so anyone buying there isnt a NOOB as you so call them. They know the pricing going in, and as such are happy to pay the extra for a confirmed G0 stepping.

I really don't believe the price will be even close to $266 after the cut for at least 2 months, if ever. This will be a hot item and only big stores like newegg or amazon will make any promotion like bundles or multiple item discounts. Even then you will get a random step.

TankGuys price will probably be next to the big sites on the beginning or a little more. But you'll not have to buy a combo or risk getting old series.

By the way NIVO, you misunderstood his phrase: he is saying that someone that believes the 266 price will be the same as the retail price is a NOOB, not people that believes it will cost more than $266.

I think TankGuys price is very competitive if they mange to keep it below $300 (excluding shipping)

quote from tankguys site is as follows: "Final pricing is expected to be between $275 and $290. If the price exceeds $300, you can cancel your pre-order for a full refund of the $5. If the price remains below $300, the $5 is non-refundable." so anyone buying there isnt a NOOB as you so call them. They know the pricing going in, and as such are happy to pay the extra for a confirmed G0 stepping.

He's talking about people saying "OH LOL I'LL JUST WAIT UNTIL THE 22nd AND GET IT FOR $260 OR LOWER LOL LOL LOL HAHA NOOBLAR BUYING IT NOW LOL LOL", not those who are buying into a pre-order at tankguys for a stepping at an adjustable price with a back-out option.

I really don't believe the price will be even close to $266 after the cut for at least 2 months, if ever. This will be a hot item and only big stores like newegg or amazon will make any promotion like bundles or multiple item discounts. Even then you will get a random step.

TankGuys price will probably be next to the big sites on the beginning or a little more. But you'll not have to buy a combo or risk getting old series.

By the way NIVO, you misunderstood his phrase: he is saying that someone that believes the 266 price will be the same as the retail price is a NOOB, not people that believes it will cost more than $266.

I think TankGuys price is very competitive if they mange to keep it below $300 (excluding shipping)

He's talking about people saying "OH LOL I'LL JUST WAIT UNTIL THE 22nd AND GET IT FOR $260 OR LOWER LOL LOL LOL HAHA NOOBLAR BUYING IT NOW LOL LOL", not those who are buying into a pre-order at tankguys for a stepping at an adjustable price with a back-out option.

Thanks for clarifying that :D

well mikey was right to a certain degree, ill give him that. No harm no foul. People are reading into price too much thats for sure. As past history has shown us, its highly doubtful the magic number of $266 is going to be upon us on 22nd or 23rd. It will be a short timespan until street prices are in accordance.

As a side note, I personally DO think its worth it to pay a few bucks more for a guaranteed stepping. As we are all enthusiasts here, most would agree its worth it for a chance at reduced temps with favorable oc'n.

Mike sorry for the misinterpretation, wasnt trying to stir things.

Wow... GoldenTiger was right.

I ordered around 3 EDT when it was backordered. Since then, I already have been assigned a tracking number, but I'm not sure when it will arrive. If past experience is true, it will ship from Ohio so 1-2 days it will be here!

I love how when I called, Issac (seems like he was the only one working judging from other posts) said two weeks - then other people said last August, and out of nowhere, it gets shipped today :-P

$266 is the price for the dealer to buy them at, they have to buy in lots of 1K.

They do not sell them to you for $266.

If they did they would take a loss, when you add in shipping to them, employees to unpack, stock, the pull inventory to ship to customers it costs them more than $266 each CPU.

Expect something more in the $275 range.

I have never heard of Tankguys before and I guess their website is tankguys.com. Are they reliable and what is the deal with what they said about q6600 and g0 stepping?

I have never heard of Tankguys before and I guess their website is tankguys.com. Are they reliable and what is the deal with what they said about q6600 and g0 stepping?
TankGuys has been around a while- they cater to enthusiast stuff, pretty much. You can often pick a stepping and have them search for it, and they also were the first to carry Team brand RAM around here.
G0 is the new stepping that will appear in a few weeks, supposedly with a greatly reduced TDP (down to 95W for the Q66). It should overclock better also, but that is never guaranteed obviously. They are saying that you can put in a pre-order now, and get a guaranteed G0 chip when it comes out. The problem is, that may not be until at least August.

TankGuys has been around a while- they cater to enthusiast stuff, pretty much. You can often pick a stepping and have them search for it, and they also were the first to carry Team brand RAM around here.
G0 is the new stepping that will appear in a few weeks, supposedly with a greatly reduced TDP (down to 95W for the Q66). It should overclock better also, but that is never guaranteed obviously. They are saying that you can put in a pre-order now, and get a guaranteed G0 chip when it comes out. The problem is, that may not be until at least August.

www.tankguys.biz

They weren't taking preorders last time I checked (yesterday). They were "backordered" on the preorders. I wouldn't hesitate buying from tankguys.

Well I ordered mine about 1220ish on Wednesday, it has shipped and is on its way :D

I had placed my order at around 4:00pm eastern on Wednesday and it shipped out yesterday (Thursday) :).

G0 is the new stepping that will appear in a few weeks, supposedly with a greatly reduced TDP (down to 95W for the Q66).
I wouldn't call a drop from 105W (B3) to 95W (G0) "greatly reduced". ;) There's really nothing wrong with the B3 model, but I would rather have a G0 if/when I buy a quad core in the future.

Back