Outputting to multiple devices simultaneously?

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
Hi-

I'm looking for a way (if possible) to output to multiple devices with the same audio stream simultaneously.. preferably under WinXP.. but it would be nice to know if you could with Win7 too.

I have Realtek integrated audio, and would like to output to my computer speakers, as well as to my logitech usb receiver (home surround sound) simultaneously. Is this possible (yet)? The current method of switching between the two is going to sounds and then obviously selecting the output device i'd like to use.. but I'd like to use both!!

Thanks

IME, Realtek drivers are quite flexible, and let you select what output is going to which jack, so unless you want 7.1 output x2, you just have to set things up in your drivers (and I have no idea where this is for Win7, but it does work in XP)

the other, far more ghetto option, is to just get however many 3.5mm stereo to 2x3.5mm stereo splitters you need, then it doesn't matter what the drivers do (or don't do)

logitech usb receiver = usb.. you can only have one output device to my knowledge..

so this logitech crap is USB only?
get it out of there, just use the realtek

unless you feel like hand selecting which application uses which device, or posting a thread to flame those who reply

Back