Overclock question

stavros

n00b
I have my 3200 939 overclocked to 2.4 Ghz. I can achieve this by setting my memory at 166mhz. My question is this. Is it better to run a divider and get a higher cpu speed or set it to 2.2Ghz using 1:1 ratio. what I mean is is clock speed more important than memory speed (if that the right term to use). :confused:

Another question using the Nvidia drivers 71.89 when using the Find Optimal Settings in the clock speed section of the display menu. Is this option safe to use. If anyone knows :D . I am asking all this because with my system set at how it is now I am getting 56377 on Aquamark3 and I am chuffed to bits :D . Just wanna know if anyone else has used this setting on the menu and there experience.

My understanding is because the A64's have the memory controller on the CPU that running memory dividers will not affect performance as much as it would have on Athlon XP or Intel chips. If you can crank the mhz out of the cpu with a divider running on the memory that's probably your best bet.

Personally, I would put it at 1:1 no matter what as long as it can run stable. So if that means, 2.2, do it. What would the point of having a higher CPU speed if your memory is running quite a bit slower?

To get the FSB on the CPU higher, get faster and higher quality memory (like Corsair XMS or OCZ or something that people here will recommend; those two I recommend)...

CORVETTEZ06 said:
Personally, I would put it at 1:1 no matter what as long as it can run stable. So if that means, 2.2, do it. What would the point of having a higher CPU speed if your memory is running quite a bit slower?

To get the FSB on the CPU higher, get faster and higher quality memory (like Corsair XMS or OCZ or something that people here will recommend; those two I recommend)...

I did get Corsair XMS and it was crap :mad: RMA'd faulty never again tbh will I go with corsair

CORVETTEZ06 said:
Ok get OCZ or Kingston Hyper-X...

I'm VERY happy with my OCZ PC3200 VX Gold. 2-2-2-8 no problem (I betcha I can do 2-2-2-8 at less than 3.2v which is what they recommend, but haven't tried).

Back