Overclock = (((RDX200 + PC4000) * X2 4400) * X1800XT)

Mysterae

Gawd
Not sure the equation works ;)

The components in more detail are:
DFI RDX200 Crossfire motherboard
Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2x1GB ram
AMD X2 4400 cpu
Sapphire X1800XT 512MB gpu
WD Raptor 74GB non-raid hard drive
Tagan TG580 580W psu

There are a few threads splintered around with people with these components, so I thought I would bring it here as it is regarding overclocking everything!

I've been tinkering with the overclock of these components for a few days, to see what I can get out of it before it's watercooled. But first, here it is stock, air, no adjustments: 3DMark05 - 8402

stock_performance.gif

This is what I managed to get it too, a 3DMark '05 score of 9327.

OC_9327.gif

I get really poor results if I use a memory divider, and I've been a little mean on giving it volts as it's air cooling and not in a case. The FSB just won't go 277Mhz while being 3DMark05 stable. I'm stuck!

Does anybody see any glaring mistakes as to my overclock, and have any thoughts or ideas?

Can you explain your "poor results" from using a divider? From what I've heard/experienced you don't lose that much in real world performance when running a divider.

Not bad for the new 3DMark '05

Just so you know you have a typo.

You said the memory stock is 7747 Mhz which is not true.

iSkylla said:
Not bad for the new 3DMark '05

Just so you know you have a typo.

You said the memory stock is 7747 Mhz which is not true.

Thanks, well spotted! refresh if it's wrong.

kirbyrj said:
Can you explain your "poor results" from using a divider? From what I've heard/experienced you don't lose that much in real world performance when running a divider.

When on a 166Mz (5/6) divider, 3DMark05 isn't stable with the cpu at 2.45Ghz, and the FSB @ 245, multiplier @ x10, at the memory settings at the above. Plus my memory is way underperforming at that speed (204Mhz). Perhaps I'm not doing something right?

No further comments? Is that a good or bad overclock? Is there nothing else I can do to get it higher (other than raising the voltages and watercooling it?).

Your posts are appreciated!

If you use no dividers at all, just default, how high can you bump up the HTT (FSB)? (ofcourse you'll have to add some extra Vcore/Vdimm)

Btw, increasing pci-e busspeeds, you did that? (default = 100, 110mhz should give no problems)

And what's your score then?

Mysterae said:
When on a 166Mz (5/6) divider, 3DMark05 isn't stable with the cpu at 2.45Ghz, and the FSB @ 245, multiplier @ x10, at the memory settings at the above. Plus my memory is way underperforming at that speed (204Mhz). Perhaps I'm not doing something right?
I would suggest finding the max overclock with a 1:1 divider as that will net you the best performance. I could not get my OCZ 2gb set to work well with my RDX200 and have settled on my good old OCZ PC4000 VX memory as they let me run 255 x 10 1:1 with 2-2-2-5 timings.

Here's my latest overclock, 3DMark05 score of 9444.

OC_9444.gif

This is a right wierd board to overclock, there are many paths to take to get to the same place!

Apple, you mention raising the PCI-e bus speeds...what option is that on the DFI RDX200, I can't seem to find it.

R1ckCa1n, as you can see above that the divider is now on 1:1. I think the FSB(HTT) can go higher, but my ram is as loose as a virgin on prom night. Those 2-2-2-5 timings you mention, I presume they aren't 1Gb sticks?

Is 2.65Ghz from a X2 4400 a good overclock on air? It never seems to go above 49C load and that's still with stock AMD cooler :eek: . Okay, it does have a CM Crossflow fan blowing right across it and the memory (the memory gets very hot!).

Forgot to mention that I've flashed to the new beta bois, 11/23/05. Didn't notice any changes, but I wasn't having any of the problems others were experiencing.

Mysterae said:
be sure to calculate memory speed right ;)
http://eclipseoc.com/index.php?id=6

scroll down a bit to the ram setting section

Back