Overclocking a e6300/MSI P7N sli help please.

lillimon04

2[H]4U
So I just got the MSI P7N SLI Platinum and I tried overclocking it, opened up the bios and was just confused as to what I was seeing. :( Im a noob to overclocking really, so I put the fsb a little from stock 1066 and restart and the thing wont even post so I clear cmos and try a few little things and same thing happens. What should I put all the settings at? OCed this same chip to 2.4 on a Fatality board and to 2.8 on a MSI p45neo3 but the board had memory problems and was not stable.

I have a e6300 cpu
MSI P7n sli platinum
8800gts
OCZ 2x2gb ram, part number in cpuz is OCZ2VU8002G.
And everything else that is in my sig.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok totally thought spead spectrum was off but it was on, turned it off, upped the vcore to 1.328 and the cpu is now at 3ghz. :) yay! Need to do some burn in with prime95, but this zalman cnps9500 aint cutting it anymore, on load its getting in the high 50s. :(

this zalman cnps9500 aint cutting it anymore, on load its getting in the high 50s. :(
High 50s is perfectly fine. I think your CPU has a Tjmax of 85C, so I wouldn't be worried unless you start breaking 75C or so. By the way, make sure you use Real Temp or Core Temp to monitor your CPU temps.

Thank you very much. I used Real Temp and the max was 73. :( In need of some new case fans? Theres like no airflow in my case. :( And my 8800gts stays around 55 idle and load 75 with a little overclock and fan setting is at 100 but its not very loud.

Go into Real Temp's options and tell me what the Tjmax is set to for your CPU. And adding fans is almost never a bad idea.

It says 90 degrees. And you recommend any quiet but powerful fans? Not soo much on the expensive side, I like those Noctua ones but arent they like 20 bucks each?

For case fans, I recommend Scythe Slipstream fans; either the medium or high-speed versions.

Fuck I just bought the stupid slim versions of those for 1.20 each. :( Actually bought 16 of them and then noticed they are the poopy ones. I guess I will have to wait for them to come in so I can test if there good or not.

Back