Overclocking... gone wrong! :(

snowysnowcones

[H]ard|Gawd
So there I was, not really happy with my performance in ET:QW... so what do I decide to do? Overclock of course! So, I start with a modest 2.4ghz...everything's good n' stable... then I go up to 2.7ghz... still good, run 3dmark, no crashes... Decent for an e4300, but since I'd tried for 3ghz before (it failed, but the auto-recovery system worked) I figured I'd try it again.... what happens? Well... I'm not sure. The system gets to the POST screen, displays my processor info, then... um.. nothing.

wontboot002bk8.jpg

So I'm either thinking it's two things...
1: The auto-recovery isn't working.
2. I fail at overclocking. (I know this one is right :D)

I get no beep codes :S

Anyway, here are my system specs:

MoBo: Biostar T-Force P35 chipset
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e4300
VGA: Sapphire Radeon X1950GT
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2 (2x1) gigs
PSU: Zalman HP-600W

yeeeaah... Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
-Snowy

Pull the CMOS battery off the motherboard to reset the BIOS.

Its a little dime sized circular battery.

Thanks, I thought that was the problem, just wanted to confirm :)

please don't say things like this. If you really thought that was the problem then you would have taken 10 seconds to pull the cmos battery (or find the jumper) and wait 5 minutes then reboot. Instead you whipped out your camera, took a picture, then proceeded to upload it to photobucket and post and wait for a response.

Just accept a good advice as a good advice and say thanks and move along. No need to save e-fame.

Thanks

please don't say things like this. If you really thought that was the problem then you would have taken 10 seconds to pull the cmos battery (or find the jumper) and wait 5 minutes then reboot. Instead you whipped out your camera, took a picture, then proceeded to upload it to photobucket and post and wait for a response.

Just accept a good advice as a good advice and say thanks and move along. No need to save e-fame.

Thanks
LOL

I had pretty much the same problem.

Well I wish someone had responded as well to my post like 8 months ago.

Only difference was it didn't even get that far. Didn't post, didn't do anything. I would press power, and fans would come on, thats it. I nearly had about 7 successive heart attacks.

I got all sorts of crazy advice. Finally I found somewhere about taking out my battery and waiting 5 min, then putting it back in. Presto! All better!

I was using a DS3, wasn't sure how to (or was scared to really, I read how) short the cmos jumper, so I took needle nosed pliers and pulled the battery, which was in there really good, and hard to get at.

Anyway the only point to my post is if anyone has the same problem, they may find the answer easier. I know had I read this thread first when I had my problem it would have made my life easier! :)

I was using a DS3, wasn't sure how to (or was scared to really, I read how) short the cmos jumper, so I took needle nosed pliers and pulled the battery, which was in there really good, and hard to get at.

You know what happens when you connect the top and bottom of a lithium battery with a metal object such as pliers? :p And you were scared of doing the little jumper? :rolleyes:

Good lord, all this stuff is BASIC COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE. If you're going to be overclocking or playing in the BIOS, you should have a basic understanding of the things you're messing with and how to fix them. Some of this is as simple as OPENING YOUR MOTHERBOARD MANUAL and READING IT.

Good lord, all this stuff is BASIC COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE. If you're going to be overclocking or playing in the BIOS, you should have a basic understanding of the things you're messing with and how to fix them. Some of this is as simple as OPENING YOUR MOTHERBOARD MANUAL and READING IT.

+fucking infinity

My first lesson in OCing was how to reset the BIOS when it all went wrong. You don't often see that being taught anymore though, especially since motherboards now have this autorecovery thing where if you mess up they reset themselves.

So maybe you shouldn't give these guys such a hard time for not know all about it. ;)

If your CMOS wont reset, turn the PSU off or unplug it from the wall while resetting it.
Some motherboards keep the CMOS alive if the PSU is on and connected.

Back