Overclocking HD48** series software?

ClearM4

2[H]4U
What software are people using to overclock their HD48** video card?

I purchased a Sapphire HD4830 and atitool does seem to not work. I don't really care about the overclocking the video, but I want to adjust the variable fan speeds. Right now it goes from 0% to 20% fan speed ever minute or two and the altering noise volume is quite annoying. I'd like to set a minimal fan speed of 10% and adjust it to increase as the temperature increases.

for ati tray tool, I think you need the latest beta version for 48xx series.

I just use overdrive *shrugs* Hot keyed overclocking means the second I notice a slowdown, I can crank the fan and the clocks with three keystrokes...

ok, thanks guy. I will give ATI Tray Tool beta version a shot.

If not, Riva Tuner sounds like another option to try.

I am using Vista x64 with a HD4830 btw. Wish CCC overdrive had variable fan settings.

riva tuner

/thread.

Second!!

I use it to change the auto settings for my 4870x2 fan. Don't have to remember to change speeds before starting a game or setting up profiles. Just let it launch at startup and it takes care of the rest. Quite when on the desktop, but keeps temps at tops of mid 80s in a case that has no airflow. A lot better than the 100+ I was getting when I first got the card.

I've tested my 4870x2 stock and with Riva Tuner with my highest allowable OC.
I logged several hours of both stock and OC and there is only a few frames difference.
Is the extra heat, stress worth it? I suppose if there was a huge difference but from
my experience no.

Edit: That is with 8.12

Use atiflash to flash your video bios. It overclock your card, and also fix the fan speed too.

I just use overdrive *shrugs* Hot keyed overclocking means the second I notice a slowdown, I can crank the fan and the clocks with three keystrokes...

Thats a really good idea and something I need to look into, especially with this g15 keyboard

I did that with my keyboard. Combined with everest, I can setup my fan speed/profiles on the fly.

Overclocked my sapphire 4870 1gb with ati overdrive in CCC and manually set my fan speed at 50%.

50% is pretty loud. Set it to 50% means it run the same fan speed constantly no matter the GPU is hot or cool. I prefer to update/flash the Bios. The fan speed will increase upon your GPU temperature increase.

Many people is afraid to flash their graphic cards. It is as easy as flash your montherboard bios.

50% is pretty loud.
All video card fans do not create an equal amount of noise; and even if they did, noise is still subjective. I have an ASUS 4850 TOP, and it is inaudible at 50% and barely audible at 80% over the four low-RPM Scythe fans in my case.

After you find a good spot, flashing is the way to go on these cards IMO since you can set a fan speed curve. Just dont increase the voltage or the drivers past 8.6 will give you black screen (Mean ATI!!!!!)

Back