Overclocking utility for geforce 6800 gt

ProOC

Limp Gawd
I tried using the coolbits stuff but no matter what I set it to and I try to test it with the little test button it tells me that it fails and wont let me keep that clock speed.

I don't care what the fock it says I want to see my machine crash if it can't handle it. Any way I can make it use that setting without testing or is there another utility I can use that isn't gay?

Thanks all.

Rivatunar, but don't come crying if you fry the board... Be careful, your card just might not be able to handle those speeds - you're not guaranteed an OC.

SeaFoam is right. some times these cards dont over clock well.
i have a bfg 6800gt card and it did not over clock well.
so i uninstalled coolbits and just have the card at the stock seting.
its fast enough for me,

I thought I read somewhere riva tuner uses coolbits reg, but I'll download it and give it a shot anyway. I am fully aware of the danger in overclocking cards/cpus and the like. I just find it hard to believe that I can't push either the core or mem even a mhz over stock.

I think the little test thing doesn't know what it's talking about, but I could be wrong, but I would rather see my pc freak out or artifact so I know it truly can't handle it then have some piece of software tell me. Thanks for the reply.

ProOC said:
I thought I read somewhere riva tuner uses coolbits reg, but I'll download it and give it a shot anyway. I am fully aware of the danger in overclocking cards/cpus and the like. I just find it hard to believe that I can't push either the core or mem even a mhz over stock.

I think the little test thing doesn't know what it's talking about, but I could be wrong, but I would rather see my pc freak out or artifact so I know it truly can't handle it then have some piece of software tell me. Thanks for the reply.

does anyone any links to the overclocknig utilitys?

Well shortly after my last reply I went back to try the coolbits reg OC deal to see what was going on and its not being gay anymore and it is letting me set the clock.

I am currently at 418mhz core and the stock 1ghz memory. I am still pushing it though, I will post what I peak at later.

lets see if your puny BFG can get to my mighty PNY's OC of 450/1150, with stock volts, heatsinks, all thats diff is arctic silver 5 :D

Xxplosiv said:
lets see if your puny BFG can get to my mighty PNY's OC of 450/1150, with stock volts, heatsinks, all thats diff is arctic silver 5 :D

Actually, the difference is you have watercooling. :rolleyes:

Back