Overclocking with the ASRock 775

~LoKe

Limp Gawd
I've got an E6300 and the oh so horrible ASRock 775 Dual VSTA board. It's certainly not known for its overclocking abilities.

What I'm wondering is what possible overclocks can be achieved. I'm at 2.00GHz right now, but since I know nothing about how to work with the ram, what frequencies to set the PCIe at, and all that crap, I don't know how to go further.

Let it be known that I don't have any real reason to overclock other than the pursuit of knowledge; I just want to know how.

So...is there a guide out there that'll tell me what I need to do to get a stable overclock? Or, at the least (which would be enough for me) something that explains the BIOS options for this board (the manual sucks)? Basically, I ran into a roadblock when latencies (4-4-4, 5-5-5, etc) were mentioned, because I have only one option to change one of those.

Any help would be appreciated!

There is an extensive guide over at VR zone, check the forums. I had tha tboard for about a week until I couldn't stand it anymore. Piece o' crap. I spent 35 more bucks on the Gigabyte S3 and got an extra 1.3GHz out of my overclock.

I'm lookin' around over there and haven't found a particular guide. I've found instructions for a volt mod, and there's some discussion in a thread, but nothing "extensive" as far as I can tell. :(

Is this what you were referring to?

I am definitely considering this motherboard. I will soon have a lot of DDR memory (3gb) and don't really care for video performance.

I want to buy a E4300 and see how much I can squeeze from it.

300MHz FSB "only" yeilds 2.7GHz for the E4300... I was really hoping for 3GHz. Hm.

//edit: Fack. Didn't realize the ASRock only gives you 2 memory slots for either DDR or DDR2. So I can't even use my 3GB of memory. Blah. Might as well save up for a decent board...

Back