Overkill?

Adionik

[H]ard|Gawd
My PSU took a dump, and i'm considering the PC Power and Cooling Crossfire edition PSU...since i'm a ricer that likes to match my case. :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341011

AMD Opteron 165
4x512 DDR400
ATI X1950Pro PCI-E
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
DVD-RW Drive

:confused:

I'm going to take a random stab and say this 750 PSU might be overkill, but would it be a good choice for a solid power option? For $100 after rebates i've almost already made up my mind, but I didn't know if there would be other options for a cheaper price since this is NOT a high end system.

Thanks

Corsair 750TX can be had for $100 after MIR, so that's an alternative, ofcause like the PPC PSU that would also be overkill even if it is great value. :)

Yeah I saw that as well, with the a $10 difference amongst the 2 i'd have to pick a brand I guess

Thanks for your speedy reply

The PCP&C power supplies are nice, but the 80mm fan can be loud. I guess at the power you're going to be using, it wouldn't spin up too fast. But I think it's still safer to go with the Corsair.

The 750TX is a solid choice for a PSU. Even if it is overkill, its only 100 after MIR at most places. That beats paying a little less for a PSU with a lot less wattage. Plus the fan on the 750 is dead silent.

So which of these 2 would be the better brands? I'm seeing Corsair amongst the insinuations here :p

The PCP&C power supplies are nice, but the 80mm fan can be loud. I guess at the power you're going to be using, it wouldn't spin up too fast. But I think it's still safer to go with the Corsair.

i can't hear the silencer 80mm fan on mine and im pulling about 400w full load. the turbo cools are loud.

my vote for the pcp&c silencer.

Why get such a big power supply for that system? Get something more fitting, like a Corsair 450VX or 550VX. Power supplies are most efficient and last the longest if you run at around 50% load. With a 750W Silencer, you're putting so little load on it that it's bad for the power supply's health.

i can't hear the silencer 80mm fan on mine and im pulling about 400w full load. the turbo cools are loud.

my vote for the pcp&c silencer.

Between the two the Silencer is easily much much much louder.

Back