P35 DS3R + Q9300

jasondean98

Limp Gawd
Hi

If any of you guys have the same set up as me please could you post your bios settings!

I can't get above 3ghz (400 x 7.5 @ 1.25 vcore):mad:

thanks

A little more info? what's the voltage/divider on your memory? temperature readings?

Sorry for the delay!

Bios settings are as follows

VCore @1.25
mch +0.2
fsb +0.1
dram +0.2

timings set to 5 5 5 15

everything else set to auto

real temp reports cores @ 41 degrees (20 degrees in bios)

any suggestions?:confused:

Try lowering your NB temp to Normal. You do not want to set PCI Express to Auto set at 100Mhz once set dont change it. Anotherwise it will blow your video card or slot. You didnt give us the speed of your memory whether its Pc6400=800MHz or Pc8000= 1000MHz. Bye

Yeah the Northbridge always holds you back on Nvidia Chipsets. I am struggling OC'ing on a 750i currently. :(

Northbridge is to hot at stock for me. :(

Is it worth getting a different motherboard and if so which one?!

i'm thinking of ASUS P5K pro or Abit IP35. Would i have a better chance of success!

any recomendations very welcome.:rolleyes:

Do you think i can achieve a higher fsb with the ASUS board?

I'm also considering The Gigayte P35 DS3P because of the heatpipes, do they actually make a difference?!

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Do you think i can achieve a higher fsb with the ASUS board?

I'm also considering The Gigayte P35 DS3P because of the heatpipes, do they actually make a difference?!

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

The stock Heatpipes dont make a lot of difference on board. Even though i have reached 3.7GHZ with GA-P35-DS3P. This is not with a stock NB and SB cooling. I did the 463x 8 with 3rd party HR-5 SLI/IFX NB and SB heatsinks by Thermalright. Bye

Back