P4P800 ram settings

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
I have my cpu running as shown in sig. However, I can't find a place in my bios to set the ram to run at the same speed as my fsb. I read through the whole manual and I can't find where you set the fsb to ram ratio. I can set the ram freq but not 1mhz @ a time. Set on auto my ram is running @ 153.3mhz ( I know it could be running faster) and it's at a 3:2 ratio (according to cpu-z). Im kind of a noob, so maybe I'm just missing something. Thnx in advance.

ahh hell ill bite

this is what you do...
buy a nf7-s along with an amd cpu of your choice... and the option you are looking for is right in the bios clear as day....

and your welcome :)

Looks like this actually needs to be moved to Motherboards-Intel MoBos.

Looking at the manual for this MB it looks like:

- AI Overclock Tuner to Manual
- CPU External Frequency to 200
- CPU Ratio to 16 (3200 divided by 200 for the CPU overclocked to 3.2GHz)
- possibly the rest to auto

You may have to make sure the DRAM Frequency is 400 and mess with the voltages, but not too sure on this. I've never tried overclocking the CPU/RAM on either of my systems. If this doesn't get moved soon, I'd repost you question with more details in the Motherboard-Intel MoBos section with slightly different title and then ask that this one be deleted (or delete it yourself if you can, not sure about this though). That's all I know and good luck! :D

Except for one more thought: It seems that the AI Overclock Tuner can be set to a certain % overclock or manual. Since your desired overclock is 14-15% and not a choice, then you must choose manual. I'm thinking once you choose 16 for the CPU ratio, then that might do it but still not completely sure on this. :confused:

SkaarjMaster said:
Looks like this actually needs to be moved to Motherboards-Intel MoBos.

Looking at the manual for this MB it looks like:

- AI Overclock Tuner to Manual
- CPU External Frequency to 200
- CPU Ratio to 16 (3200 divided by 200 for the CPU overclocked to 3.2GHz)
- possibly the rest to auto

You may have to make sure the DRAM Frequency is 400 and mess with the voltages, but not too sure on this. I've never tried overclocking the CPU/RAM on either of my systems. If this doesn't get moved soon, I'd repost you question with more details in the Motherboard-Intel MoBos section with slightly different title and then ask that this one be deleted (or delete it yourself if you can, not sure about this though). That's all I know and good luck! :D

Except for one more thought: It seems that the AI Overclock Tuner can be set to a certain % overclock or manual. Since your desired overclock is 14-15% and not a choice, then you must choose manual. I'm thinking once you choose 16 for the CPU ratio, then that might do it but still not completely sure on this. :confused:
That's one of the problems I have there is no CPU ratio option in my bios. I looked in the manual and I know thats what I have to change but I dont have that option for some reason. Also yes this does need to be moved to Motherboards-Intel. If someone can do that for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Sickness said:
ahh hell ill bite

this is what you do...
buy a nf7-s along with an amd cpu of your choice... and the option you are looking for is right in the bios clear as day....

and your welcome :)

Agreed. An NF7+Mobile Barton will cure your ills.

Back