P5B / Deluxe + Ballistix RAM?

ToastMaster

Limp Gawd
Is anyone using the Ballistix RAM with a ASUS P5B or P5B Deluxe?

I was reading through the manual for the P5B, and noticed that it says that it cannot use DDRII sticks that make use of 128Mb chips, which the Ballistix does use.

ToastMaster said:
Is anyone using the Ballistix RAM with a ASUS P5B or P5B Deluxe?

I was reading through the manual for the P5B, and noticed that it says that it cannot use DDRII sticks that make use of 128Mb chips, which the Ballistix does use.

Yep, I'm using the Ballistix 2GB kits recently on sale at ZZF and Newegg. Works great! Much, much better than the OCZ was working for me on this mb.

If you look on the Asus website and check out the latest revision of the manual for the Asus P5B Deluxe, you will see the Crucial Ballistix is listed on the compatibility table.

I can also vouch for this kit working with the P5B deluxe wifi. I got the 2G memory kit when it was on sale at ZZF a couple weeks ago before the price went up. Stuck the chips in on my initial bootup with the board with e6400, not even a hiccup.

The board was running BIOS 0302 at the time, and then I flashed it to the newest BIOS of 0614 i think, both work perfectly.

Back