P5B is OUT!!! $170

Meh... I already bought the Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, this isn't THAT much cheaper especially considering the extras it comes with, and the fact that it can do Crossfire/SLI-with-hacked-drivers/etc. :). Plus, it's proven already to be a good overclocker.

What a crappy color :eek:

I like the black PCBs ASUS uses with their higher-end motherboards.

Yup, ASUS definitelt shanks you on the cosmetics on the lower end. I like the GB DS3's looks for a budget board.

*sigh*

As usual, Newegg is way more expensive than everyone else. $170 for a board that's not worth $120. Geez.

GoldenTiger said:
Meh... I already bought the Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, this isn't THAT much cheaper especially considering the extras it comes with, and the fact that it can do Crossfire/SLI-with-hacked-drivers/etc. :). Plus, it's proven already to be a good overclocker.

Your saying that the Asus P5W-DH Deluxe can take any video card like the Nvidia 7950GX2

clubsport said:
Your saying that the Asus P5W-DH Deluxe can take any video card like the Nvidia 7950GX2

7950GX2 doesn't even require an SLi board AFAIK. The PCIe switch is on the card.

Why would you pay $170 for that? Doesn't even have firewire.

The compatible Abit and Gigabyte boards arent much cheaper. depends on your flavor, which vendor you like, sometimes 20 bucks make a difference in a board. Me I am a Asus man, so if it were me I would jump on the Asus board.

I think it is a bit overpriced right now...

If the price difference is $40 between the deluxe and the "vanilla" I'm going with the deluxe.

I'll wait just a few more days until they stop gouging the shit out of us. The P5B Vanilla should be no more than $140 MAX...such an overpriced board.

I agree, I'd wait at least a month or so unless you are in dire need of upgrading.

Good luck!

Back