P5E to Rampage

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
Hi, after flashing to the Rampage, how would one continue to flash the BIOS to newer versions? Would asus update work properly or would i still have to use the same method i originally used to do the crossflash?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, i have the p5e deluxe and flashed to the rampage as well. For me, i first flashed to the 0408 from my p5e deluxe bios, being the 0408 was the most recent at that time. Once 0410 was released, i just went into EZ-Flash and flashed from my flash drive and have had 0 problems. If that doesnt work, try the afudos utility. Dont use the asus bios update utility, has bad knews written all over it.

Hey, i have the p5e deluxe and flashed to the rampage as well. For me, i first flashed to the 0408 from my p5e deluxe bios, being the 0408 was the most recent at that time. Once 0410 was released, i just went into EZ-Flash and flashed from my flash drive and have had 0 problems. If that doesnt work, try the afudos utility. Dont use the asus bios update utility, has bad knews written all over it.

I can concur on that. I have had nothing but trouble using the Asus utility to download bios updates. I use the EZ-Flash utility, works wonders. Really great because who doesn't have a flash drive nowadays?

I never had a problem using the Asus Windows bios flash program. I don't let it go to the web and download the bios, I download it first, and then flash from file and it works great. I've probably flashed 25 times in Windows without any problems.

Back