p5n-e sli bios upgrading

genetech

Limp Gawd
I was reading my instruction manual for the bios updating and it says that i need to use a floppy disc and flash it in dos.Only problem is that the company that i bought my computer from does not use a floppy disc in it's computers. so how do i update them?

just download the latest bios from asus for that mobo which is 1101. Save it to the desktop and extract the file. There is .bin file name 1101. Save that to a usb stick. Restart computer and go into your bios. Find where it says EZ Flash. Click on it and it takes you to ez flash where you can upgrade/downgrade bios version. Stick with 1101, its the latest and what you want. With your usb still plugged in, find it by using the tab button....theres stuff on the bottom that shows you how to navigate. Find the .bin file named 1101 and pres enter and it should reflash your bios.

Thanks for the advice the updating took a while What with the backing up of the bios and going in and reseting them t the correct parameters. I had the 0505 bios originally but they limited me to the e6600 line and i wanted to go up to the e 8500 in the near future.

I did it the same way using the ezflash on the bios.

I used a e8400 for a month on this board with a 0806 bios. Turned out that it only used 1 core @ 2ghz lol. I was wondering why I was getting a 4.8 on the vista bench. The result was a min fps of 8 in world in conflict with everything set to very high @ 19x12.

Used the newest 1100 I think bios and just stuck it on a usb drive and it was done in 3 min. Easiest thing I've ever done. Now it's recognizing the e8400 and I immediately OC'd it to 3.825. World in Conflict min fps went to 21.

This board might be old tech, but handling a e8400 at nearly 3.8ghz is amazing. I'm positive it can do 4.2 because my temps are at 44C idle and 53C load.

Back