p5w dh boot problems

AZKABAZ

n00b
Hey I'm dead out of any answers so I'm looking for a bit of help please.

I plugged my SATA II 7200.10 Seagate into the SATA1 connector on the board with the red cord with the right angles head and then plugged everthing else in and switched the comp on. It takes me to the JMicron Bios part of the boot up and I'm shown "Detecting devices, please wait." and it just sits there... I left it on there over night and came back in the morning and it was still just hanging there.

Any ideas about whats going on?

It's fresh hardware, no OS and it has the 502 BIOS installed on the mobo. The hardrive IS shown in the normal BIOS.

Specs:
Pentium D 805
Corsair Twin2x DDR-800 2GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA II
Geforce 7900 GT
Hiper Type M 580w PSU
P5W DH Deluxe

I've tried for the last day and a half to get this thing to work so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

leave it in the sata 1,2, or 4 connector. disable the jmicron controller in the bios. the intel matrix sata will pick it up. make sure that this IS enabled in the bios. i had that problem - bios recognized my drives, they were set up properly (raid0) in the matrix storage manager rom utility that comes up when you boot. but when i tried to install xp, it would tell me that i had no drives connected.

Hmm thanks for that. Got past the JMicron stuff, but now my optical drive is not registering.

It is a Pioneer Dual Layer DVD burner that is IDE (pluged into the black plug at the bottom of the mobo).

I tap F8 on boot to select to boot up from an optical drive but the optical drive isn't even in the list!

I tried Ctrl + I to access the Intel Sata Matrix thing but that didn't work so not sure what's up with that.

If I can get my DVD to register now that's all that is left I'll be laughin. This computer (not Intel one) is about to die, had to start using a linux live cd to type this stuff! :|

Im not by my pc right now, but that is also in Bios. You might have a the Intel controller set only to SATA and thats why it does not see your optical drive.

the black connector on the bottom is connected to the jmicron controller. since you disabled this earlier, you will have to plug your optical drives in the 90 degree offset blue connector.

yes that was a little hard to access. try control I (cap i) or control l (lower case L). you have to hold control down and tap the other key while its booting, iirc. its a little tricky getting your drives set up because of the 3 controllers, sil, jmicron and intel. if you still cant enter the intel matrix disc manager, re enable the jmicron controller and try again.

Back