p5w dh deluxe dead??

mark660

Limp Gawd
today i i turned my comp off and now i have now video output at all but i if change mobo i do is my p5w dh deluxe dead?

I read (with difficulty :p) your question as being:

Today, I turned my computer off and when I turned it back on I had no video. Then I changed out the motherboard and used the same video card and now I have video. Is my P5W DH Deluxe dead?

If the P5W has been running for quite a while with the current hardware setup, I would say, "Yes, it is probably dead.".

I would hook it up again, out of the case, triple checking all power connections and card seating before I threw in the towel.

Bummer.

it just seems realy weird how i turned my comp of for a second and now its got no video

wow this just happened to me today

turned PC off, went to lunch, turned PC on, no post, no video...

Cleared CMOS with the battery out
Reseated RAM CPU VIDEOCARD
Nothing

changed PSU, nothing

i herd somthing a while back about ppl who wert overclocking on this board were bearning the northbridge but i had a 4cm fan on there to keep it cooler

How could I rule out the video card as the problem, without another PC with pci-express. Dont have another pciX vid card either.... Seems to be the mobo, as I don't get any beeps, normally there is one beep when loading, correct? and when there are errors with certain things in the mobo, there are multiple beep codes... so I don't know

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I guess its ok cause Ive got what seems to be the exact same problem. Are you getting any beep codes?

nah i just turn mine on and its like its hanging but even restarting bios everthing i can think of and still no video now im usin this shit p5nsli board

yeah ill try that too, how long is the warranty though? Ive had it for 15 months now...

Started having problems with my own P5W DH mobo yesterday. I started my computer in the morning just normally like I always do and I come back 10 mins later and see the bios screen instead of windows loaded.

It was constantly rebooting itself either during windows load or even before it could get that far. First thing i did was reset cmos (unpowered p/s first then took out cmos battery) still would reboot with both sticks in. I ran memtest86+ and on the random patterns test (test 7) it failed. So i swapped memory sticks and guess what, it did the same thing with either stick in. My brother has a P5W DH mobo as well with a very similar configuration so I put my ram sticks in his and ran memtest and it ran through 8 passes without failing anything at first which was weird. So then i put my memory sticks back in and tried lowering the voltage from 2 to 1.9 volts and reran memtest and it ran for 45 mins without failing anything, so i continued to use it for the evening yesterday like that without problems.

Thought i might have fixed it yesterday when i had changed memory voltage from 2 to 1.9 volts but this morning it crashed on me while i was working in windows and then would do the same thing it was doing yesterday, just constantly reset before it could load windows. I've tried resetting my cmos as well twice now but that didn't help either.

My specs are as follows:
P5W DH Deluxe mobo
Q6600 Intel @ 2.4 Ghz (stock speed) w/ 2205 bios
2x 1GB OCZ Platinum XTC rev 2 4-4-4-15
8800 Ultra EVGA video card
X-FI Sound Blaster Xtremegamer
Corsair 620HX power supply

My brothers specs:
P5W DH Deluxe mobo
E6600 Intel @ 3Ghz overclocked FSB to 333
2x1 GB OCZ Gold XTC 5-5-5-12
X1900XTX 512MB video card
X-FI Platinum sound card
OCZ 600W power supply

I've tried unplugging all hard drives, optical drive, taking out x-fi sound card, unplugging firewire/usb, and it was still having this problem intermintently. I would try to get into the bios to change the memory voltage/timing settings but it would reboot before i could get far enough to save the changes and exit the bios. After i let it rest awhile about half an hour ago i started it up again and was able to get into the bios and change the memory timings from 4-4-4-15 to 5-5-5-15 and putting the memory voltage back to 2V as both my ram sticks worked fine in my brothers machine in memtest. After about half an hour of running memtest this morning my own computer reset itself.

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this problem but if not then i'm thinking i might have a bad board, last thing i can think of to try is to swap power supplies.

One other weird thing i noticed is that my bios screen is lagged compared to my brothers bios screen. There is a noticable delay when i arrow through the different menus however my brothers is instantanious, maybe that's a sign my mobo is dying.

Last thing i want to mention that i noticed was when memtest was running during test #7 (random number sequence) i could hear a high pitched squeal sound that would come on and off, it was hard to hear but with my side panel open it was audible. On my brothers machine I tried to see if his would do that and it was not, not even with my ram sticks in there. I was thinking it might possibly be a faulty voltage regultor.

Oh one last thing I also took off the north bridge heatpipe and applied some new thermal paste to it replacing the hard caked on asus crap. I made sure the thermal paste made good contact with the 8 voltage regulators towards the top and the north bridge chip before securing it back on. It gets very warm to the touch when running memtest, almost too hot to leave my finger on it while its stressing.

If anyone has anything they'd like to comment or if you have any ideas about what i've done please by all means i'd be interested to know.

3 yrs and above poster il read it when i get back from work dont have time atm

I had moved my computer to a different location and used an extension cord which had a faulty ground by indicator light on my UPS. Found that it is in fact my motherboard and was likely caused by some sort of small surge that couldn't go through ground and ended up going through the motherboard instead.

My advice for everyone is always check for this, and don't learn the hard way like i have.

Back