P5W-DH mobo temps

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
hi, recently i've noticed that my mobe temps are higher than they usually are. usually they are high 30s-40; now, they are in the low to mid 40s. i've just recently removed the plastic off the north and southbridge heatsinks as well as the ez-raid thing...that didn't seem to help motherboard temps at all. infact. it seems as if temps rose about 1-2 degrees, however, it also seems as if my cpu temps have dropped a few degrees which i found quite odd. i am currently idling at 44C on the mobo temp (as reported using both Asus ProbeII as well as everest). btw, room temp is about 22C and vCore is auto w/ stock HS on a E6600 at stock speeds. so, i am wondering if the temps i am experiencing are anything to worry about, and if they are, what can i do to lower the temps?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice :)

Get a thermometer and record you room temp when you look at your machine temps and alwasy use Intel TAT or Coretemp+Orthos in a standard/repeatable manner.

If the changes are small as you say I think it might be the room temp changing or the factory thermal paste and Intel heatsink is now becoming stable. Alll heating cooling systems allow 3 - 5 degress F variations before they cut in or they would constantly be cycling on and off trying to maintain a fixed temp. Lots of things could be doing it , if your compter is near/under a heating/ac vent, sunny window etc. etc. see what I am getting at ?

Anywho, until you record some data in a methodical manner its goona be impossible to tell what is really happening, get a notebook and write it all down.

There is a bunch of things you can do, Lapp HS and CPU, better HS and fans etc. etc. but do the above first so you can tell if you are helping or hurting.

Back