P6T Deluxe RMA (Asus) Horrible....

Temperfied

Limp Gawd
***Sorry for this post being so Long.***

So, on 9/28/2011 I filled out my RMA forms for Asus. I got a response with the RMA number a couple of days before they received it. They "fix" the motherboard and ship it back. I received it 10/19/2011. That is actually not a bad turn around time, I was skeptical about that. I came home from work that night, opened the box, and found only a packing slip, no notes or email about how or if it was fixed.

I call them before I even test it. The first agent said, "Hmmm, there appears to be no notes for this repair." I said "What does that mean?"...he said "Give me a second while I look into this further". I wait for about a minute, he comes back "Well Sir, it appears that they did a bios related repair." I then said "So basically they attempted to flash or re-install my Bios? he said "Yes Sir."

He then assures me it would be fine and I should test it. If it did not work we could set up an Advanced RMA and cross-ship me a replacement that was the same or comparable. I excitedly started putting everything back together. I get everything together on my bench. I attempt to turn it on. It has the same exact issue it left with, it looks almost untouched all together. It will illuminate the Power and Reset buttons, but it will not POST.

So I sent it out for my second RMA, this one being an "Advanced RMA". I call them once it was "In-Transit" as I was told I needed to wait for this before calling. The agent proceeds to tell me that they were out of stock and I could not get a replacement. I explained to him that it was ok if I got a comparable model as I just wanted a replacement. Earlier I was told by another agent that I could get a comparable model. Well, I guess the first agent was misinformed.

So now, I look forward to another month of being without my main machine. Thanks Asus, I guess it is time to start thinking twice before I choose an Asus component for my customers machines....

Asus has gone to pieces the last year or so. My P6T Deluxe V2 has decided it won't POST without a CMOS wipe, and after sitting on the board for a week, they send me a 640x480 bitmap saved with the .jpg extension that shows absolutely nothing, claiming scratches.

Yep, there's a scratch, across the CD audio header traces on the edge of the board that doesn't break the enamel plane, that was caused when I mis-aligned a video card - Purely cosmetic, barely visible, and completely incapable of causing the errors I was experiencing.

It took over 2 months of arguing with Trinity Sparks before they'd deign to even look at the board again - An exercise I pursued only for the principal of the matter as I sold the board on eBay as-is not long after I saw the run-around I was getting from Asus on it.

Long story short, they're searching for any reason they can to deny RMA claims, sit on your hardware for weeks at a time, argue with you about it for months at a time (Trinity was kind enough to go out for a week or two - twice - during my fighting with them, without notice or an autoresponder), and have convinced me to look at other vendors - if I'm going to get the same runaround elsewhere, I may as well shop for price instead.

Lets just say I already purchased an MSI Big Bang XPower. If I see any difference in quality, I am through with Asus. Lets hope they set things straight the second time.

This seems to be a common problem with ASUS these days.

I have a very good Rampage III Formula board, I want to upgrade when Ivy Bridge is released, but ASUS roulette makes me nervous.......unfortunately I don't think MSI or Gigabyte are much better.......and EVGA lost their whole MB team a while back..............:eek:

Yeah, I was looking at the Rampage. But after this experience, my business will go elsewhere unless they rectify the issue.

Are there any Asus Customer Support on [H]?

Yeah, I was looking at the Rampage. But after this experience, my business will go elsewhere unless they rectify the issue.

Are there any Asus Customer Support on [H]?

Yes there is a guy.......look in that Asus Bios thread or updates or whatever it's called.

This seems to be a common problem with ASUS these days.

I have a very good Rampage III Formula board, I want to upgrade when Ivy Bridge is released, but ASUS roulette makes me nervous.......unfortunately I don't think MSI or Gigabyte are much better.......and EVGA lost their whole MB team a while back..............:eek:

Exactly

Guys, why are you letting Asus bully you? And we do have an Asus rep on this board. It's Gary Asus I believe.

I would love to see what he thinks about our common opinion. Maybe he can actually DO something about it?

Guys, why are you letting Asus bully you? And we do have an Asus rep on this board. It's Gary Asus I believe.

As far as an ASUS rep being on the boards, I'd think he'd take "ASUS" and "Horrible" in the title of a thread as an invitation to come say hi, and there'd be no real need to chase him down like a fat kid after the ice cream truck.

I'm not sure how badly I want ASUS out of my house given this experience, but I won't be bringing any more of their products in without a good, long look at alternatives first - and an assumption that there is no reliable warranty behind the product. Unfortunate, since 3 other rigs here are ASUS boards (an ancient A8N-SLI from 2006 and two P5K-E WiFi boards).

This was my second go with them on an RMA, first being the P6T V2 deciding to die after 6 months (would have been the third, except the P6T V2 died within 30 days as well, so the first failure was replaced by NewEgg). Since it was within a year, advanced RMA without an issue.

There is at least one asus rep on these forums so, might talk to him about it.

I just had a similar issue with my asus RMA. My 5970 came back with no repair notes and is worse than when i sent it it. On top of that it's now held together with mismatched screws and 1 of them is stripped. Not looking forward to calling them again today and not having my card for bf3

As far as an ASUS rep being on the boards, I'd think he'd take "ASUS" and "Horrible" in the title of a thread as an invitation to come say hi, and there'd be no real need to chase him down like a fat kid after the ice cream truck.

I'm not sure how badly I want ASUS out of my house given this experience, but I won't be bringing any more of their products in without a good, long look at alternatives first - and an assumption that there is no reliable warranty behind the product. Unfortunate, since 3 other rigs here are ASUS boards (an ancient A8N-SLI from 2006 and two P5K-E WiFi boards).

This was my second go with them on an RMA, first being the P6T V2 deciding to die after 6 months (would have been the third, except the P6T V2 died within 30 days as well, so the first failure was replaced by NewEgg). Since it was within a year, advanced RMA without an issue.

I have met the guy before and he is very professional. I would bet that since he hasn't posted in this thread, he hasn't seen it. There is also no telling what time zone he is currently at. Best bet is to pm him and not act like an ass.

I have met the guy before and he is very professional. I would bet that since he hasn't posted in this thread, he hasn't seen it. There is also no telling what time zone he is currently at. Best bet is to pm him and not act like an ass.

My post was not intended to come across as me being an 'ass'. I was simply spreading my experience in my words to others. I feel that if I got treated this way after years of purchasing Asus products, I should share my experience with others.

I have PMed him.

My post was not intended to come across as me being an 'ass'. I was simply spreading my experience in my words to others. I feel that if I got treated this way after years of purchasing Asus products, I should share my experience with others.

I have PMed him.

I wasn't referring to you.

Any idea if there is an active asus rep around here? Gary hasn't been on in 8 months and juan hasn't been on in 20 days.

I am pretty sure he doesn't even view [H] anymore. This is pretty sad for Asus, as [H] reviews their products.

I haven't seen him for awhile.

No doubt a casualty of recession cost-cutting.

This does not bode well with power users who experience hardware issues...

Not really Asus' fault, but instead of cutting tech support and outreach technicians, they should cut some of their Headquarters and paper pushers high up.

This does not bode well with power users who experience hardware issues...
Agreed but how many other forums have a manfgs rep visiting?

None?

It was a suprise when he appeared and although he was no tech guy, did seem to bring a conclusion to some RMA situations.

It's no suprise that some RMAs from any company go awry and you only read about those situations.

Back