P8P67 Deluxe bad motherboard temperature sensor reading

topodisc

n00b
My MB temperature was about 30C. Suddenly it stopped being reported and got this:

5389936658_e29811f247.jpg

The system is still running. Any ideas how to get a correct reading again?

Did you ever figure this out?

This just started happening to a replacement board I received. I get the same -60 reading, also some other sensors seems to be miss-detecting things. For example, my 12v line reports as -0.0xx sometimes. Obviously wrong as my system is still running.

Are you running any other third party programs or monitoring software at the same time?

I am having the same issue. I have version 1.01.14 of the AI Suite, which is the latest on ASUS' site. I had CPU-Z, OpenHardwareMonitor, and RealTemp running the first time I got the warning. Before the -60 C warning, I also got a few warnings about the 12v power but they disappeared before I could read the exact warning.

I guess AI suite is simply broken. I had the odd warnings with other monitoring software as well as without.

I am having the same issue. I have version 1.01.14 of the AI Suite, which is the latest on ASUS' site. I had CPU-Z, OpenHardwareMonitor, and RealTemp running the first time I got the warning. Before the -60 C warning, I also got a few warnings about the 12v power but they disappeared before I could read the exact warning.

The temperature reading problem is because more than one piece of software is accessing the Super I/O, causing it to feedback incorrect readings

Avoid running AiSuite II with any of the following utilities:

- CPUz
- Everest
- SpeedFan
-ITXU
- basically anything that probes the Super IO at the same time as AI Suite.

Thanks
Raja

The temperature reading problem is because more than one piece of software is accessing the Super I/O, causing it to feedback incorrect readings

Avoid running AiSuite II with any of the following utilities:

- CPUz
- Everest
- SpeedFan
-ITXU
- basically anything that probes the Super IO at the same time as AI Suite.

Thanks for the explanation. I used AI Suite to bump up the multiplier. Once I have done that, do I still need to keep AI Suite running to maintain the overclock? Do I need to run it at all if I am not changing settings?

I find it strange that I can have CPUz, RealTemp, and OpenHardwareMonitor all running at once without noticing any problems. *shrug*

Certain programs are fully compatible with each other, like programs that can read the vcore. Many of these used shared memory properly, anyway.

You do get into problems when having multiple exotic monitoring programs running and it's NOT advised to have all these things active. You COULD possibly wind up destroying hardware. There was a bug, some time back, I forget but I think at least with HD 48xx video cards, where if you had GPU-Z and AIDA (or possibly another program? Afterburner? I don't remember ATM) open at the same time, the GPU voltage would suddenly get set to 1.6v, and some cards were fried from this. That's because the board simply wasn't made for its sensors being probed like that and it caused problems since the sensors were software programmmable. This may or may not have been fixed down the road, and I don't think this happens with more recent video cards, but it's still common sense now to not use multiple monitoring programs. The last thing you want is your CPU suddenly getting 2.0v, and then hello magic smoke...

Thanks for the explanation. I used AI Suite to bump up the multiplier. Once I have done that, do I still need to keep AI Suite running to maintain the overclock? Do I need to run it at all if I am not changing settings?

I find it strange that I can have CPUz, RealTemp, and OpenHardwareMonitor all running at once without noticing any problems. *shrug*
I too would like to know this.

Back