P8P67 Deluxe case fan power level question

mjohn1378

Limp Gawd
Is there any way to get the case fans power level below 40% on the P8P67 Deluxe?

I used three Cooler Master R4-C2R-20AC-GP fans (two on one case fan header one on another), so that I have plenty of power in reserve and even at 40% they are sort of noisy for my current setup location.

Why can the CPU fan power down to 20% while the case fans can only power down to 40%? 20% would be nice for the case fans too.

Although I do not know if it is possible, it would also be nice to be able to control the case fan headers independantly from each other.

I am trying to avoid purchasing a fan controller and use only the motherboard for fan control.

Camon Gary, sort this one for us, I need fo put resistor on my case fans, but then when needed they are not giving it's best

I did not really tried but all informations for the user settings of the chassis fan are stored in the registry
HLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Nodes\ASUS\AI-SUITE_II\FAN Xpert\QFan
In the UI you can't go bellow 40% but you should be able to tweak the values in the registry
Good luck

NICE ONE!!
Manage to lower chasis fan but cpu simply doesnt work even showing les percentage, still spinning same minimum speed

NICE ONE!!
Manage to lower chasis fan but cpu simply doesnt work even showing les percentage, still spinning same minimum speed
Let me guess you are using 3 pins fan for your CPU :)

This type of fan (DC fan) are NOT handle by the Asus P8P67 Deluxe board! I think this is unacceptable for a so call "deluxe board" but there is nothing you can do. No chance either that it will be fixed in future.

Looking at the specs of the Nuvoton NCT6776F SuperIO chip that Asus uses for fan control, it only seems to support PWM control for the CPU fan, so it's a hardware limitation and 3-pin fans will always be stuck at 100% power no matter what you do.

I have installed a Noctua NH UP12P SE2 but could not control the speed of the excellent fans :(

So I ended up replacing the two very nice Noctua fan by two Akasa Viper fand (PWM controllde) using the Akasa 4 pin splitter !!! Extra cost but now I have my CPU fan controlled (600 RPM to 1800 RPM) !!!

While on the subject there is only 2 chassis connectors which are controlled by QFan (they both support DC fans) and my chassis has three! So here again I ended up using 3 pins splitters to control 2 fans on one connector.

Really bad news for a board of this price !!!

No, no, it is 4pin PWM fan, adjusted in registry and showing less than 20% in AI suite, but fan is still spining same 890-900 minimum.
I will try to attach screenshoot
fan.jpg

It must be some other setting than pwm fan0 or 1 speed in registriy..
Thanks anyway

Well in that case that probably mean that you have not run the test to measure the speed versus voltage.
For that select the FAN Xpert tab just close to sensor one you are showing on your picture.
In this tab you will see a Test button click on it.

This will run a test of the PWM settings you should hear your fans ranging from minimum RPM to max RPM. In my case 20% is 660 rpm and 100% is 1826 rpm
after this test you fan should be regulated correctly.

This is mandatory for FAN Xpert to find out the speed versus the PWM value.;)

Back