P8P67 Deluxe Recall

Returned the PRO version that I purchased on launch day and got the Gigabyte UD3 instead.

Went with the cheaper board for right now. Plan to go with the G1 board when they become available.

I had nothing but problems with the Asus board.

edit: Just realized that the G1 boards are X58. That's dumb.

The problems I had were the funky boot issues where it would act like it was doing the auto overclock by turning itself off and on several times before booting. It would also decide it wanted to just turn itself off and do this some more in the middle of Windows while I was just browsing the web. Couldn't overclock past 4.3 no matter what settings I tried. Even 4.3 was a bit flaky. Would pass stress tests, but folding would BSOD. Has anyone seen a 2600K that BSOD's while folding at 4.3GHz by changing nothing in the "BIOS" but the multi? The first time I fired up the board it did that Texas Two Step boot, and pretty much did it everytime I restarted the PC.

Last edited:
Misleading title is misleading.

Unless I read a news statement saying so, I won't believe it.

I had a lot of problems too, now I'm stable at 4.6GHz. It took a lot of messing around to get it right though (getting my computer to work not to get to 4.6GHz.)

This is interesting. I have been having trouble with ram on this board. I am currently awaiting some new ddr3 to test with. Hopefully this CORSAIR Vengeance will work better than the G.Skill I originally bought for this motherboard.

This is interesting. I have been having trouble with ram on this board. I am currently awaiting some new ddr3 to test with. Hopefully this CORSAIR Vengeance will work better than the G.Skill I originally bought for this motherboard.

Works just fine for me.... I am using the latest non beta bios.

No word on this from the Asus website. But Newegg probably pulled them because the way more the average RMA's with this board (speculation on my part). Since its release there has been thread after thread of problems with this board all over the boards.

I had a lot of problems too, now I'm stable at 4.6GHz. It took a lot of messing around to get it right though (getting my computer to work not to get to 4.6GHz.)

Fixed my OC issues by changing VRM Freq to 350. I can hit 5.0GHz stable at 1.475. I dialed it back to 4.8GHz for every day use and am stable at 1.325v max temp hit 63C.

Last edited:
No word on this from the Asus website. But Newegg probably pulled them because the way more the average RMA's with this board (speculation on my part). Since its release there has been thread after thread of problems with this board all over the boards.

NewEgg does this with all products,if there out of stock they pull it from the site till stock is regenerated..We seen this a couple weeks ago with EVGA 580s..Trust me its nothing..

NewEgg does this with all products,if there out of stock they pull it from the site till stock is regenerated..We seen this a couple weeks ago with EVGA 580s..Trust me its nothing..

If it is just out of stock, the item will have a auto notify button and not label it deactivated. This mobo has been deactivated for now, which as they state it may or may not be sold again.

If it is just out of stock, the item will have a auto notify button and not label it deactivated. This mobo has been deactivated for now, which as they state it may or may not be sold again.

Yup so was the EVGA 580s..Rumors swirled about that too..

Guys, please STOP bitching and whining, and blaming the Motherboard, processor or RAM just because you don't know how to Overclock a SandyBrdige setup...

Overclocking has drastically changed since Sandy bridge, and you can use the prior methods, as many things have changed.

and for the record STOP using beta bioses!

Guys, please STOP bitching and whining, and blaming the Motherboard, processor or RAM just because you don't know how to Overclock a SandyBrdige setup...

Overclocking has drastically changed since Sandy bridge, and you can use the prior methods, as many things have changed.

I never had a problem with overclocking, the board didn't detect my SSD and the Marvell 6G controller gave me a lot of trouble. Not to mention the system not booting to Windows when the RAM was running at 1600MHz (this was fixed with the beta BIOS for me).

Very interesting.. quite frankly my OC on this board sucks! If I enable the stock "performance" settings in the bios it crashes.. I have to manually set every thing and when I do at hit a wall at 4.5GHz. I can do 4.5GHz at 1.325V stable but nothing more.. I can take the voltage up as much as possible and it won't even boot into windows...

"my OC on this board sucks! i can only OC my chip by 1.1 GHz! a measly 32% overclock!". my how times have changed.

I've been having the same boot issue with my P8P67-M Pro. It also causes my PSU to whine like hell. I used to get a bit of coil whine but now it's unbearable.

It's alive and fine on Newegg. I setup a new P8P67 Pro for my uncle. While I haven't started overclocking yet, the board has been awesome to work with!

Discontinued product on newegg.com and I've heard nothing but problems from people who bought it. Wondering if anyone can back up my suspicions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...679&cm_re=P8P67_DELUXE-_-13-131-679-_-Product

Misleading title - OP - you are bordering on trolling. You haven no news clip or official statement, just speculation.

1) On newegg, the auto notify is working right now Monday, Jan 17th at 4:14PM EST.
2) The Asus boards are perhaps the most popular, so more people are reporting problems.
3) The bios for these boards is still new, and not mature. This is the price for being an early adopter. Go to the Vid card forums and see how everyone complains about driver support when a new generation comes out and something is broken.
4) Please post you problems
4a) If your board posts and can boot into OS at STOCK speeds. Then it works ok.

Nothing much has changed really,people are getting great overclocks on there P67 boards..

If I wasn't waiting on EVGAs board to pop up id go for this board..I think people are trying to overclock the old fashioned way and it isn't working..

For starters, please make sure that you are using the latest BIOS from our support website, http://support.asus.com/download.

For all ASUS P8P67 series please update the BIOS to rev. 1053 which is listed as beta on our support site but has been tested as stable and will have the beta titled removed shortly.

If you've already done this and still have issues, please contact me via PM and include your system settings so that we may verify the issue(s) on our end.

Thanks,
Mason

For starters, please make sure that you are using the latest BIOS from our support website, http://support.asus.com/download.

For all ASUS P8P67 series please update the BIOS to rev. 1053 which is listed as beta on our support site but has been tested as stable and will have the beta titled removed shortly.

If you've already done this and still have issues, please contact me via PM and include your system settings so that we may verify the issue(s) on our end.

Thanks,
Mason

ASUS FTMFW. :D

I never had a problem with overclocking, the board didn't detect my SSD and the Marvell 6G controller gave me a lot of trouble. Not to mention the system not booting to Windows when the RAM was running at 1600MHz (this was fixed with the beta BIOS for me).

For the love of God don't use the Marvell controller. I was using it for my data drive (6G 1TB WD Black) and using one of the Intel 3G sata ports for my SSD (OS). While doing installs off my data drive the computer would randomly lock up and the drive would even completely disappear from device manager/windows explorer.

I finally moved the connection for my WD drive to one of the Intel Sata 6G connections and all my drive issues / random lock ups stopped completely. I disabled the Marvell controller completely and don't foresee a reason to ever turn it back on again. Even if they managed to fix the issues with this Marvell controller via firmware or driver updates, I still don't ever plan on using it.

For the love of God don't use the Marvell controller. I was using it for my data drive (6G 1TB WD Black) and using one of the Intel 3G sata ports for my SSD (OS). While doing installs off my data drive the computer would randomly lock up and the drive would even completely disappear from device manager/windows explorer.

I finally moved the connection for my WD drive to one of the Intel Sata 6G connections and all my drive issues / random lock ups stopped completely. I disabled the Marvell controller completely and don't foresee a reason to ever turn it back on again. Even if they managed to fix the issues with this Marvell controller via firmware or driver updates, I still don't ever plan on using it.

Yep, same here. I really wanted to use the Marvell because it said SATA 1 and 2 on the motherboard and I always HAVE to use the them in numerical order. :(

I finally gave in and used the Intel and now it's stable as a rock.

After you've updated to your P8P67 series board's BIOS to 1053, you can increase your Sandy Bridge overclocking potential by enabling "Internal PLL Overvoltage" option in the BIOS which you can find in the Advanced Mode of UEFI under the "AI Tweaker" tab. This works especially well with D2 stepping CPU's. However, if you have a D1 CPU, give it a try as well as it should result in allowing your CPU to be O.C'd even farther. Be on the lookout for a P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide which will be posted soon.

Thanks for the help OC_Seer.

By any chance do you know if the cold booting issues will be resolved through another BIOS update?

Returned the PRO version that I purchased on launch day and got the Gigabyte UD3 instead.

Went with the cheaper board for right now. Plan to go with the G1 board when they become available.

I had nothing but problems with the Asus board.

edit: Just realized that the G1 boards are X58. That's dumb.

The problems I had were the funky boot issues where it would act like it was doing the auto overclock by turning itself off and on several times before booting. It would also decide it wanted to just turn itself off and do this some more in the middle of Windows while I was just browsing the web. Couldn't overclock past 4.3 no matter what settings I tried. Even 4.3 was a bit flaky. Would pass stress tests, but folding would BSOD. Has anyone seen a 2600K that BSOD's while folding at 4.3GHz by changing nothing in the "BIOS" but the multi? The first time I fired up the board it did that Texas Two Step boot, and pretty much did it everytime I restarted the PC.

Let me find out more information about why you may be getting the two step boot. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for the help OC_Seer.

By any chance do you know if the cold booting issues will be resolved through another BIOS update?

No problem. Other than what some of you may be experiencing with the 2 step boot or POST cycling twice before any display appears, I haven't experienced any cold boot problems. I see that someone had trouble booting into Windows at a certain memory freq. until updating to 1053 BIOS. Please remember to update to beta 1053 BIOS from ASUS support site. If there are any other cold boot issues, then please PM with your detailed configuration and an SOP on how I can duplicate the problems so that we can get them resolved ASAP. Thanks.

Every ASUS board I ever had had the 2 step boot,also my P55 EVGA does it too when overclocking..

My P8P67 Pro has the double boot issue with the latest BIOS - really annoying. I've PMed OC_Seer with the details.

I would also like to officially state that NONE of the ASUS P67 series of motherboards have or are being recalled. This is a Gross statement to make without any validation or justification to this statement. Our boards have been selling and been received quite well by media and users. The notice that the etailer in question makes when our product is not in STOCK is under no control of ASUS.

In addition it is also important to note it is not just users using these boards, it is also system integrators Being the largest as well leading motherboard manufacturer we have a very very large level of demand/use from system integrators who are shipping hundreds to thousands of these products in the initial launch month.

These range from vendors such as Puget Systems. Falcon Northwest, Ibuy / Cyberpower, V3 Gaming, Origin PC, and others.

These vendors have strict policies on ensuring the boards used meet a minimum level of functionality both at stock and overclocked parameters. In addition they also will generally exceed the normal configuration parameters many users themselves have as this system can be equipped to max. This means all aspects of the system have to function correctly.

I would also like to officially state that NONE of the ASUS P67 series of motherboards have or are being recalled. This is a Gross statement to make without any validation or justification to this statement. Our boards have been selling and been received quite well by media and users. The notice that the etailer in question makes when our product is not in STOCK is under no control of ASUS.

In addition it is also important to note it is not just users using these boards, it is also system integrators Being the largest as well leading motherboard manufacturer we have a very very large level of demand/use from system integrators who are shipping hundreds to thousands of these products in the initial launch month.

These range from vendors such as Puget Systems. Falcon Northwest, Ibuy / Cyberpower, V3 Gaming, Origin PC, and others.

These vendors have strict policies on ensuring the boards used meet a minimum level of functionality both at stock and overclocked parameters. In addition they also will generally exceed the normal configuration parameters many users themselves have as this system can be equipped to max. This means all aspects of the system have to function correctly.

I contacted NewEgg about this too, prior to your posting this statement, and they said that the only reason the boards were deactivated was because they were out of stock. No reason to suspect a recall at all.

The only problems I have with the board are the dual POST issue, and the fact that the deluxe version does not come with a USB3 bracket (don't like the box, sorry :)). Other than that, my board is good.

+1

could have not said it better myself :D

Yeah, I wasted a day or two trying to contact NewEgg/ASUS about the issue and wondering if I was going to need to put my X58 system back together :p.

quick question, just wondering is it firefox or something else in which causes my random lockups?? Usually happens when not running anything at full load, machine seems to hiccup or lock up when browsing the web. Have to reboot thereafter.

The only lockups that I had were my own fault (as far as I know at least) and lasted but a few seconds. You mean lockups for which you have to perform a hard reset, or just temporary pauses?

Back