P8Z77-V Pro/3770K mild overclock - feedback welcomed

graysky

Gawd
I have the system described below overclocked to 45x100 and am prime95/large FFTs now to test for stability. I didn't do a whole lot of tweaks but I do want to share the settings I am currently testing and get feedback:

1) Others settings I should tweak?
2) Are these values sane?
3) Recommendations to lower voltages?

P8Z77-V Pro/BIOS 1206
3370K @ 45x100 MHz
2x8 Gb GSkill Ripjaw 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 Mhz
NH-D14 HS

Under AI Tweaker>CPU Management:
Code:
CPU Voltage = 1.300
VCCSA Voltage = 0.92500
CPU PLL Voltage = 1.81875
PCH Voltage = 1.06000

Under AI Tweaker>DIGI+ Power Control:
Code:
CPU Load-Line Calibration = Ultra High
CPU Current Capability = 140 %
CPU Power Response = Medium

Temps with case open (still cleaning up wires) are pretty steady across all cores @ 73-77 while running large FFTs.

seams a little high but most intel cpu's will run at very high temps. intel use to put a paper in your box telling you the max temp and best operational temp for your cpu. to get the best performance out of it. most of the time it was 37c for years.

I'm running the same CPU/mobo/heatsink but I am using offset voltage (so that I can keep my CPU at low voltage/temps while idle). Using max LLC is going to cause voltage overshoot and generally higher power use/temps and is not necessary except for extreme cooling/clocking with LN2. My settings:

XMP mode
Offset: +0.03V (results in 1.2V at 100% load in LinX/Prime95 Small FFT)
LLC: Low (25% I think, can't remember)
Everything else is stock

Results with room temp about 21C:
Cores idle: 27C-30C
LinX using max memory for 10 runs, cores peak at 70-79C (there's a big delta between 2 of the cores on these chips)
BF3 64 player MP for a few hours: cores peak at 62-67C

Are you using Prime95 27.7 and Windows 7 x64 SP1 with all updates? You need to ensure you are using the AVX instruction set for max load on your CPU. Also try LinX or IBT (both use Linpack for number crunching), again with the latest version to ensure AVX is in use. I'm a bit surprise your core temps are not higher. I've found small FFTs produce higher temps as well.

Back